Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Idalia Banter

WxSynopsisDavid

18 minutes ago, Tezeta said:

@turtlehurricanewhere is the feeder band update, homie?

Got some classic post-band stratiform light rain ongoing. Overall I am underwhelmed at the short duration of this event…. Gonna give my wife some Cat 5 loving and get some rest. Then I’ll have a breakfast of champions including eggs, pancakes, sweet potatoes, coffee, Kratom, & Adderall, and I’ll watch the show. This is gonna be an interesting next 12 hours no doubt, and perfect timing so I can go into full storm mode and see the whole thing without it interfering with my daily business responsibilities

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, turtlehurricane said:

Got some classic post-band stratiform light rain ongoing. Overall I am underwhelmed at the short duration of this event…. Gonna give my wife some Cat 5 loving and get some rest. Then I’ll have a breakfast of champions including eggs, pancakes, sweet potatoes, coffee, Kratom, & Adderall, and I’ll watch the show. This is gonna be an interesting next 12 hours no doubt, and perfect timing so I can go into full storm mode and see the whole thing without it interfering with my daily business responsibilities

epic post. 

Here’s to more storms down the road, buddy. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, turtlehurricane said:

Busted my butt for two or three days to be able to endure an all night storm and a few days with no electricity. Now I have electricity and I'm a week ahead of deadlines. ;)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, hickory said:

2ec2eadec5663fd5bac8031cc5dce561.jpg
It’s a large prison directly in the path. I wonder what there procedures are for something like this. I know those buildings are built well, but does make you wonder.

No idea, but who names a cemetery ‘poorspot’?

’Im very sorry for your loss, Widow Jones, but Goodspot Cemetery is full. It’s only Poorspot for your old man’

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Not sure why I was just thinking about this but just remembered that hurricane two or so years ago that was a high-end Cat 4. Making landfall in central America. The board had several members work themselves up into a frenzy. Recon was inbound and these members began speculating on MB intensity. "It's 905....no it's 895... No it's 893.." When recon arrived the first pass was 927 and an epic meltdown ensure. Everyone pissed off and declaring they are heading to bed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, BrewCrewMI said:

No idea, but who names a cemetery ‘poorspot’?

’Im very sorry for your loss, Widow Jones, but Goodspot Cemetery is full. It’s only Poorspot for your old man’

its the south.  do we really need to say more?

1 minute ago, Master of Disaster said:

Not sure why I was just thinking about this but just remembered that hurricane two or so years ago that was a high-end Cat 4. Making landfall in central America. The board had several members work themselves up into a frenzy. Recon was inbound and these members began speculating on MB intensity. "It's 905....no it's 895... No it's 893.." When recon arrived the first pass was 927 and an epic meltdown ensure. Everyone pissed off and declaring they are heading to bed. 

eta.  god that was epic watching the red taggers eat shit.

2 hours ago, Wannabehippie said:

Hurricane Josh starting to position himself so  he can chase the core of Idalia. I will be interested to see if he can get yet another eye penetration notch on his belt.

Taylor County is best bet per models. But it has ~45 miles on the Gulf. So, pretty large. And a lot of swamp/marsh. Good luck with that!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tezeta said:

Weenie away. When you guys are burning the midnight oil tonight complaining about weird eyewall structure come back to me. It’s going to strengthen but not like you think. 

TKJP55z_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

oof look at that erc starting

Just now, hazwoper said:

I don’t know.  I’m not seeing it yet.  Eye still seems to be coalescing and this is still only 110mph storm.  ERc doesn’t typically happen till storms are stronger.  Time will tell I suppose 

Yeah I’m a toss up on it but publicly pot committed to band mayhem. So here we are. I really do hate how frustrating the eyewall has been. This storm could be so much better with minor tweaks. 

• Like 1