• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August Obs 2023

yotaman

We just got slammed from 7:50PM til 8:20PM  with the most severe thunderstorm I've seen this summer. It was severe warned in advance. The wind gusts at the start of it had to be in the 50s mph and the rain rates were torrential. Preliminary amounts were 1.5-2" within just 30 minutes. My street is completely flooded. Lights were out once for a minute or so with some CTG strikes. On the backside the lightning flashes are at ~35/minute! Everything about this storm was classic for a memorable summer thunderstorm. I'm glad I was inside!

What Hunter AAF experienced is similar to what I saw:

0755 PM TSTM WND GST HUNTER ARMY AIRFIELD 32.01N 81.13W 

08/08/2023 M53 MPH CHATHAM GA ASOS     HUNTER ARMY AIRFIELD GUSTED TO 53 MPH.

• Like 2

Noon right now and it is 92/81 for a feels like temp of 112. It feels horrible out there.

Edit: Had a high of 95 before some storms skirted us. The outflow cooled us down to 83 but we got no rain. Currently at 6:20 pm it is 89/82 for a feels like temp of 110.

• Like 1

Yesterday at 1:40 pm, we were at 92. Most impressive though was that our dew point hit 84.5 for a feels like temp of 121. The storms last night fell apart before hitting us but did send a nice gust front through which helped to drop our temps down a bit. Only picked up .06" last night.

• Like 1