Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
August model and weather disco

weathafella

3 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

That blew up fast.  Purples in that cell.  I can hear the thunder to here.

.07" last night 

I got caught outside in it under the run with the birds. Looks like I had 2 minutes with 0.10" each and 0.39" in 5 minutes. Multiple CG flash-booms. Then a couple minutes of some dimes. The wind picked up at one point out of the west as usual, but then there was a sudden shift to strong easterlies which had me freaking out a bit. I didn't have my phone on me so I had no clue what the hell the storm was doing.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I got caught outside in it under the run with the birds. Looks like I had 2 minutes with 0.10" each and 0.39" in 5 minutes. Multiple CG flash-booms. Then a couple minutes of some dimes. The wind picked up at one point out of the west as usual, but then there was a sudden shift to strong easterlies which had me freaking out a bit. I didn't have my phone on me so I had no clue what the hell the storm was doing.

Looked like it had some decent rotation for a few scans there 

24 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Yeah I noticed it when I got back in. The front side of my house faces due east. I can’t ever recall water pouring in to the front and back windows like it did today. Fun one, but a little nerve racking to be out in it and not know what it’s doing. 

7 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Yeah I noticed it when I got back in. The front side of my house faces due east. I can’t ever recall water pouring in to the front and back windows like it did today. Fun one, but a little nerve racking to be out in it and not know what it’s doing. 

Yeah that’s an uneasy feeling and it’s pretty eerie one too. 

52 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Check my cam loop (time sensitive). Westerlies, westerlies, westerlies and then slammed out of the east for a few mins and then back to westerlies.

http://www.newenglandwx.com/northfield-nh/1-sky-cam-4hr-timelapse.htm

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Check my cam loop (time sensitive). Westerlies, westerlies, westerlies and then slammed out of the east for a few mins and then back to westerlies.

http://www.newenglandwx.com/northfield-nh/1-sky-cam-4hr-timelapse.htm

Wow!

Notice too how the easterlies happened right when that (I don't want to call it a lowering b/c it was tough to tell) feature moved overhead.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Might have been from downburst just to your east? I’ve seen that too.

That's exactly what happened to me in West Hartford last month. Winds were west and then all of a sudden shifted east as the storm was passing just to my East. Storms exploded and became SVR warned and I think there was wind damage just east.