• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Summer 2023

1 hour ago, canderson said:

They had gone down the beach telling everyone to get out of the water that afternoon.

Thank you! I forgot to mention that very thing. Every day during the summer season the beach patrol clears the water, regardless of surf conditions. It's sort of comical to watch people line up on the beach and head directly into the ocean the second that the beach patrol hits the boardwalk on their first steps off-duty.

10 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Thank you! I forgot to mention that very thing. Every day during the summer season the beach patrol clears the water, regardless of surf conditions. It's sort of comical to watch people line up on the beach and head directly into the ocean the second that the beach patrol hits the boardwalk on their first steps off-duty.

That reminds me of this cracker from earlier this year.  Florida man.....

https://cbs12.com/news/local/florida-man-arrested-for-disobeying-double-red-flags-entering-dangerous-waters-with-boogie-board-panama-city-beach-beach-access-85-june-21-2023

West Shore School District sending non AC schools home for the rest of the week.

WGAL really focusing on the drought today with a Lanco farmer on asking for rain ASAP.    Joe Calhoun licking his wounds after downplaying the heatwave last week.  Says Lee is a possible issue for the LSV and possible severe storms tomorrow Western LSV.   

West Shore School District sending non AC schools home for the rest of the week.

WGAL really focusing on the drought today with a Lanco farmer on asking for rain ASAP.    Joe Calhoun licking his wounds after downplaying the heatwave last week.  Says Lee is a possible issue for the LSV and possible severe storms tomorrow Western LSV.   

Looks like over1.5" forcasted by Sunday night. So realistically like 0.50"???

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

Looks like over1.5" forcasted by Sunday night. So realistically like 0.50"???

I am hoping for some in the bucket.  GFS has been shown over and over to paint too large of qpf areas where convection induced rain is concerned. Definitely the land of the Meso regardless of how poorly they have also done. 

44 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

His effort to avoid trouble after deliberately putting himself in trouble is ironic!

• Haha 1

I still can't believe theres a heat advisory here in September lol

Also I've been fully glued to tropical storm Lee because I'm really into the tropics. Right now I don't think it's anything we'll have to deal with but I saw a few mets and pro forecasters completely writing this storm off like it was guaranteed it wouldn't be a potential issue for the east coast like New England or Canada. I wasn't even going to say anything because it's still way too far out and so much is going to change with this track but already you're seeing the GFS and Euro shifting west and south model run after model run and a couple more of those happening then it could effect the coast. Also this thing has some insane power potential with some intensity models taking it to a category 5 so I'd be just interested in following it for that reason alone

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TheClimateChanger said:

4th warmest first eight months at IPT [tied with 1991]

image.png.da7dcd5b77085556192000afe079e04f.png

3rd warmest at PHL [tied with 2022 & 2002]

image.png.f0c8857d9b42517b8e590580023d0d43.png

4th warmest first eight months at MPO

image.png.c6e258d09e664847de412b41bb0a461f.png

And 1st place at my favorite locations - DuBois & Bradford

*4 of top 9 in last 4 years at DuBois; 4 of top 7 in last 4 years at Bradford*

image.png.5390cd6affe0d8cd87dd8b45a239ecf6.png

image.png.25a0f7e116f928caf73f421e2466d21c.png

Incredible stuff, can only begin to imagine what 2024 is going to look like if we get a super Nino.

Please provide the temperature numbers for the 1340s and 970s AD & 320s BC for DuBois & Pillow, PA just so we can compare the trends through the centuries.

2 hours ago, TheDreamTraveler said:

I still can't believe theres a heat advisory here in September lol

Also I've been fully glued to tropical storm Lee because I'm really into the tropics. Right now I don't think it's anything we'll have to deal with but I saw a few mets and pro forecasters completely writing this storm off like it was guaranteed it wouldn't be a potential issue for the east coast like New England or Canada. I wasn't even going to say anything because it's still way too far out and so much is going to change with this track but already you're seeing the GFS and Euro shifting west and south model run after model run and a couple more of those happening then it could effect the coast. Also this thing has some insane power potential with some intensity models taking it to a category 5 so I'd be just interested in following it for that reason alone

I can tell you guy on Channel 16 brought it up at 11:00p forecast on Labor Day as something that could possibly affect us depending on track. He kind of dismissed it as unlikely but still he brought it up. 

I kept seeing things about Lee all day I didn't want to see. And we still have plenty of time for more bad hurricanes this year. 

I can tell you guy on Channel 16 brought it up at 11:00p forecast on Labor Day as something that could possibly affect us depending on track. He kind of dismissed it as unlikely but still he brought it up. 
I kept seeing things about Lee all day I didn't want to see. And we still have plenty of time for more bad hurricanes this year. 
For the LSV only, I can't see a scienero where it's effects would not be a net positive due to the drought

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

For the LSV only, I can't see a scienero where it's effects would not be a net positive due to the drought

Yea, it will probably put an end to a wetter period that is starting tomorrow...though Lee and the one behind it would continue to punch the heat dome in the face and keep it away. 

4 minutes ago, canderson said:

Thursday will be hotter than Wednesday, and Friday might not be much cooler as it turns out. 

i think we will be close to 90 again Friday. Though i am thankful Saturday will be a little cooler as we have our 100th anniversary parade and i'm walking 2 miles in it :lmao:. I hope the humidity is gone too. Its thick out

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

No matter what, its early fall, and that means heat gets the top knocked off and longer nights (even though they run warm of late, still help.  Drought really kickin the early leaf drop for the maples (and others maybe?).  solid month ahead of schedule IMO.

yep, this is the earliest in awhile that i have taken notice to the leaf drop. My 100+ year old lilacs are about 80% off.  

29 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

i think we will be close to 90 again Friday. Though i am thankful Saturday will be a little cooler as we have our 100th anniversary parade and i'm walking 2 miles in it :lmao:. I hope the humidity is gone too. Its thick out

Saturday looking more and more like a rather wet day up at the Beav - bad weather, early start, inferior opponent probably = a less than stellar game. 

We were actually a little bit "cooler" across most locations in Chester County yesterday compared to Monday with more spots falling short of the 90 degree mark. Today and tomorrow should for almost all locations (exception likely being East Nantmeal) see temps into the low 90's.
Records for today: High 96 (1900) / Low 38 (1924) / Rain 2.96" (2008)
image.png.5f56a4adeee07f8ab34a34a707b4976e.png

15 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Saturday looking more and more like a rather wet day up at the Beav - bad weather, early start, inferior opponent probably = a less than stellar game. 

Are you going up? 

I wont be able to watch it because of our parade, i guess i should be thankful this is the game on peacock