• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Summer 2023

At least some relief is on the way throughout the day today, setting up a beautiful few days before the heat settles in.  MDT daily max records for 9/4 - 9/8 as follows:

93 -94 - 96 - 96 - 99

I think we break the record on Labor Day and possibly more beyond that.  Of note, the records for 9/2 and 9/3 are 102 on back-to-back days in 1953.  Yahtzee! 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

After Sat, the next 2 weeks look like Arizona weather so....

I dunno though. Long term, my move seemed to be a big climate changer. We had one of our cooler and wetter winters followed by a summer inferno with nary a trace of rain from the monsoon. All the while, your winter was mild and snowless, and summer was "coolish".

I could do it, and maybe it would "correct the universe", but if it doesn't, the bounty on my head would be even higher than last year...

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Voyager said:

I dunno though. Long term, my move seemed to be a big climate changer. We had one of our cooler and wetter winters followed by a summer inferno with nary a trace of rain from the monsoon. All the while, your winter was mild and snowless, and summer was "coolish".

I could do it, and maybe it would "correct the universe", but if it doesn't, the bounty on my head would be even higher than last year...

Don't worry if things go south Bubbler has already assembled a team of bounty hunters ready to go at a moments notice, They will find you and bring you to Pa. for trial, in front of judge Blizz.

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e475fw79tsjjmqrz0fh3r

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

Don't worry if things go south Bubbler has already assembled a team of bounty hunters ready to go at a moments notice, They will find you and bring you to Pa. for trial, in front of judge Blizz.

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e475fw79tsjjmqrz0fh3r

Sumbitch...I'm might have go up into the northern mountains and hide in the snowpiles somewhere...

You guys would never expect me to be where its cold out... :P

• Haha 1

It looks like it's gonna be a hot one down in Alton, Va. next week for Blue Ridge Rock Festival. Were camping this year (at the festival) along with probably another 25,000-30,000 other campers.. Were leaving Tuesday afternoon in order to check in early Wednesday morning. Might not be too comfortable sleeping at night in the tent for 5 nights.

https://blueridgerockfest.com/

4 minutes ago, anotherman said:

My yard is like a desert.  And no relief in sight.

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

USGS is going to have to color us up over the next month.  I expect mandatory water restrictions here now. 

Mower king here is only mowing once every 2 weeks right now. It's very dry across most of the southern tier now.

If there are any older schools remaining that don't have AC, kids might be getting an early vacation next week.

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Mower king here is only mowing once every 2 weeks right now. It's very dry across most of the southern tier now.

If there are any older schools remaining that don't have AC, kids might be getting an early vacation next week.

Yea, I did not think of the schools.  WFH!  

Mowing is basically done for the year here.  My goal is to try and baby the grass until it goes into hibernation.  That is a way off though.   I am going to end the year under 15 total mows and still stuck at 11 right now.  

8 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yea, I did not think of the schools.  WFH!  

Mowing is basically done for the year here.  My goal is to try and baby the grass until it goes into hibernation.  That is a way off though.   I am going to end the year under 15 total mows and still stuck at 11 right now.  

The grass up here is growing at an unbelievable rate for this time of year. I weed wacked on Monday, and today looks like I didn't do anything. Same for the grass mowing too.

After the overnight showers we should see some great weather through the weekend. We will start below normal temperatures through Saturday....we then start a big warmup that could actually bring the first 90+ day to my station here in East Nantmeal in over 2 years! The last 90+ day was way back on June 30, 2021. In fact we could see a few days in a row over 90 degrees...especially in the lower elevations of the county.
Records for today: High 100 (1953) / Low 39 (1986) / Rain 3.40" (1946)
image.png.242bd8492df3a49eb5906ad8b9785aef.png
  • Like 1