• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Summer 2023

Man, was I stunned to see .63" in the gauge this morning.  I wasn't tuned in with the forecasts this weekend and had no idea we were supposed to get anything.  Very pleased.  Seems like we may be in for another midnight surprise on Tuesday night.  Anyone else think we may need to start checking the record books with regards to this heat moving over the region for next week?  September looking very likely to start very much on the warm side, after what should be almost an exactly normal August. 

Cloudy and still a bit humid today with rain chances increasing from south to north late tonight through Tuesday night. Models are bit all over the place on amounts but a general 0.25" to 0.75" look likely. The weather looks great from Wednesday PM through next weekend. Chilly temps toward the end of the week but warming by the end of the weekend.
Records for today: High 98 (1973) Low 38 (1982) - of note this was the earliest sub-40 degree reading in Chester County since records began in 1888. Record Rain 3.23" (2011)
image.png.50cec3c15e326a3c53cb45baabe50de8.png

55 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Man, was I stunned to see .63" in the gauge this morning.  I wasn't tuned in with the forecasts this weekend and had no idea we were supposed to get anything.  Very pleased.  Seems like we may be in for another midnight surprise on Tuesday night.  Anyone else think we may need to start checking the record books with regards to this heat moving over the region for next week?  September looking very likely to start very much on the warm side, after what should be almost an exactly normal August. 

.63"?!?!?

Holy crap! I finished up with my rousing .02"...

26 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I had a feeling you got screwed, given what I saw while perusing WU and Cocorahs.  Really hit the lottery here last night.  'Twas due.

Well I wasn't expecting anything. I haven't looked at guidance and was going off of local forecasts which were calling for a sunny, pleasant day. Wife and I were outside enjoying said pleasant day when the skies kept getting darker and darker until it started to rain. I was shocked honestly.

11 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Well I wasn't expecting anything. I haven't looked at guidance and was going off of local forecasts which were calling for a sunny, pleasant day. Wife and I were outside enjoying said pleasant day when the skies kept getting darker and darker until it started to rain. I was shocked honestly.

Yeah I wasn't expecting anything either.  I did a double take this morning when I saw the gauge.  "Screwed" was probably the wrong word ha.

• Like 1

FV3 craziness.  Decides to take its focus off the actual hurricane for what it believes will be a weak trough/low on the west coast of Florida.  One panel and then back again.  FWIW, no pone who considers themselves a Florida west coast veteran will take their eye off the storm until it is north of their latitude.  

image.png.f44cda96bba822eb8297690f69ed73e4.png

Tampa/St. Pete is going to be spared the worst, but the super Saturn Moon is going to swell the bay no matter where the storm landfalls (I would suspect Mexico Beach like Michael). The further left it goes, the stronger it becomes as it will likely crash on shore while fattening up. This is a better case than a rightward jog no matter how strong it may or may not be.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

The early 18Z Models question if the Seminoles are going to be penalized for wanting to leave the ACC by losing AC for a couple weeks.

I'm sure those nerds at Stanford can find some way to harness the energy of the sun to cool things down in Tallahassee.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Haha 1