• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Summer 2023

We picked up 0.22" of rain here in East Nantmeal from our overnight rains. We could see some more showers later today before clearing up tonight. The rest of the week look to be seasonably warm with temps within a couple degrees of normal before falling below normal toward the weekend with a warming trend likely again for next week.
Records for today: High 95 (1938) Low 49 (1924) / Rain 1.38" (1905)
image.png.b707aa9b183f1074ded22f435d27f9ad.png

I just got home from my first cruise to the Bahamas. Was in Miami for a day before leaving on the boat…there and on each island we stopped at, it was like low 90s and of course tropical humidity. 105-110 heat index each day. So today here at home, this is not too bad! 
You took a cruise to the... Bahamas... in August? You are aware January is a thing right?

What is your summer vacation plan next year? A trip into the seventh circle of Hell?

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Haha 3

How was your lunch today?  How about the Phillies, they are something right?   Have you ever seen weather like this? 

There’s about an hour window in the morning where I can embrace that as the caffeine and taurine peak in my system.. then back to the introvert enclave.
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

You took a cruise to the... Bahamas... in August? You are aware January is a thing right?

What is your summer vacation plan next year? A trip into the seventh circle of Hell?

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Lol I know right…but I’m a teacher so I’m limited to taking long trips in the summer! Plus my friend group planned it for a bachelor party. I was prepared and packed a ton of extra clothes! 

46 minutes ago, Storm Clouds said:

I just got home from my first cruise to the Bahamas. Was in Miami for a day before leaving on the boat…there and on each island we stopped at, it was like low 90s and of course tropical humidity. 105-110 heat index each day. So today here at home, this is not too bad! :lol:

Congrats on your first cruise - I hope you had a great time. My wife and I have been on a "few" and have loved every one. Heading to the southern Caribbean in March 2025. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Congrats on your first cruise - I hope you had a great time. My wife and I have been on a "few" and have loved every one. Heading to the southern Caribbean in March 2025. 

We've done 17 but probably no more except Antarctica and Greenland. I do miss that smell when you first board a ship though - it's special. 

• Like 1

Nearly halfway through the month and MDT is running almost spot-on average at 76.4 (just a tenth AN).

National high of 119 at Death Valley and low of 36 at Grand Lake, CO.

The Atlantic tropics sure are quiet.  As has been mentioned, they'll need to pick up the pace to hit their averages.  Although, I have a feeling Sep/Oct could bring some Whoppers.  We shall see.  Carry on. 

12 hours ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

A little cell popped up just east of @Itstrainingtime and went right over me. Maybe a tenth of an inch. Not much but sorely needed. 

2 hours ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Got another brief shower overnight for a total of .12” and a low of 65. Looks like a splendid weekend on tap. 

I stopped looking at models, forecasts, anything related to what might happen weather wise. I had no idea it rained that close to me last evening - my wife and I were out in our backyard for hours working and then enjoying some beverages. I'm not one to complain about forecasts...I think it's a bad look to do so. Having said that, twice in the past week I was "forecast" to get soaking rains. Twice I got less than scraps. I'm losing credibility because people depend on me to let them know what's going to happen and I've looked really stupid multiple times. 

I am going to be highly skeptical of rain forecasts for some time. I'll believe it when it's in the bucket. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Pleasant 58 this AM. 

It is a beautiful morning. It will be nice later on when I'm watering my dying plants. :)  

10 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Nearly halfway through the month and MDT is running almost spot-on average at 76.4 (just a tenth AN).

National high of 119 at Death Valley and low of 36 at Grand Lake, CO.

The Atlantic tropics sure are quiet.  As has been mentioned, they'll need to pick up the pace to hit their averages.  Although, I have a feeling Sep/Oct could bring some Whoppers.  We shall see.  Carry on. 

I don't know a lot about tropical, but I've been reading that despite the toasty ocean waters, other ingredients needed for storm development have been horrid to this point. I guess there's an abundance of sheer that is one of the main culprits. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

It is a beautiful morning. It will be nice later on when I'm watering my dying plants. :)  

I don't know a lot about tropical, but I've been reading that despite the toasty ocean waters, other ingredients needed for storm development have been horrid to this point. I guess there's an abundance of sheer that is one of the main culprits. 

We were behind on tropical counts last year as we entered August, and it never really did catch up to expectations though there was one the devastating one in SW Florida of course.    

I love model reading so you may have to ignore some of my posts (like others do).

We are watering once or twice a day as well.  Doing it after dark when I can...to avoid neighbor issues. 

• Like 1