joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Summer 2023

2 hours ago, Jonesy56 said:

Holy crap!!!

57 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

you missed a great ending. 

Saw a text from daughter when i woke up, her drinking beer out of the Calder Cup :drunk:

LOL, I should have bet some money on that one, eh.  Congrats Bears!   That save by Shepard in the second spurred this incredible Bears rally. 

• Like 2

.22" of nice light ground-soaking rain here thus far.  I don't expect much actual qpf through the day today, just one of those overcast cool drizzly easterly type days, but the grass will enjoy that as well.  Humidity builds in tonight through tomorrow and storm chances along with it, lasting at least through the weekend.  I still think we all make out very well over the next 5 days or so.

Oh yeah, congrats to the Bears!

• Like 1

NWS mentions this so where ever there is training this could happen once we get into a soupier humid airmass: 

Expect several rounds of rain and drizzle with a chance of
afternoon thunderstorms Saturday and Sunday afternoon that could
lead to minor flooding of poor drainage areas and a few small
streams in some locations, mainly over the Southern and Eastern
portions of the state.

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

LOL, I should have bet some money on that one, eh.  Congrats Bears!   That save by Shepard in the second spurred this incredible Bears rally. 

Spot-on Bubs.. someone looking back on this thread will probably think you were just re-capping the way the game ended instead of making a dead-on prediction hours before the puck dropped. thrilling series...  battling back from 2-0 in the series and again on the road in a game 7, really impressive.. story-book ending.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Jonesy56 said:

Spot-on Bubs.. someone looking back on this thread will probably think you were just re-capping the way the game ended instead of making a dead-on prediction hours before the puck dropped. thrilling series...  battling back from 2-0 in the series and again on the road in a game 7, really impressive.. story-book ending.

Thanks, I just had a feeling he was the Bears heart and soul player tonight. 

17 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I mean really Bubbler - 

First, to predict a Bears win...okay, fine. (even though they were outscored 14-2 in 3 games out there)

Second, to predict a "walk off" sudden death win...okay, that's pretty crazy.

Third, to predict the scorer as well?   :o

No money involved so it was just a hunch.  I wish I had stayed awake for it but late OT than was 1-2 AM??!!

• Haha 1

Still just .05 here. 
Mike Vecchione with a Summer Sizzler OT game winner tonight giving Hunter Shepard a Calder Cup game 7 win. 
Um...

AHL playoff script leaked yesterday and this f'n guy decided to spoil it for everyone.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Haha 4

34 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I mean really Bubbler - 

First, to predict a Bears win...okay, fine. (even though they were outscored 14-2 in 3 games out there)

Second, to predict a "walk off" sudden death win...okay, that's pretty crazy.

Third, to predict the scorer as well?   :o

I guess he's our go to guy on college and pro football this coming fall season. Nice to get a heads-up before the season starts. I wonder if he will reveal the conference champions of each conference in college football before the season starts? 

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

No money involved so it was just a hunch.  I wish I had stayed awake for it but late OT than was 1-2 AM??!!

28 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

i think i didn't fall asleep until 230. I stayed up and watched the presentation and festivities

I stayed up as well for all of it - I operate on short sleep and was able to get up at 8am today so it was an easy choice for me. 

It's legit cool to stop and realize that the most storied franchise in the history of the AHL is in our own backyards. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I stayed up as well for all of it - I operate on short sleep and was able to get up at 8am today so it was an easy choice for me. 

It's legit cool to stop and realize that the most storied franchise in the history of the AHL is in our own backyards. 

The true definition of a team this year (at least in the playoffs).  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Slacker :lmao:

• Haha 1

Just now, paweather said:

Yep around 1:30 to be more exact. Both teams played hard and both goalies were outstanding. Just glad to see a win for the Bears. 

This made for a nail biting last game. Honestly you could see Hershey just wanted it more. 

I'm not sure who, if any of you who watched picked up on it, but they were playing multiple songs, that are staples at Bears games.  Not sure if they knew it or not, but it definitely gave our players a boost. My daughter text me and said it was kind of funny that the Firebirds had no idea, but the fans there from Hershey and the players knew. In fact the broadcasters even started to discuss it.  

• Like 1