• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Central PA Summer 2023

We picked up 0.15" of rain in East Nantmeal with greater amounts to the south and east of here last evening. Today should see a general lull in the rain with only a few scattered showers. It looks like steadier rain moves back in late tonight and tomorrow. Our unseasonably chilly days continue - in fact today has a chance to set a new record low maximum temperature. The current record is 65 degrees set way back in 1915. It will turn warmer and much more humid by tomorrow PM...with rain chances or probabilities continued for much of the next full week!
Records for today: High 97 (1921) / Low 42 (1940) / Rain 3.75" (1972)
image.png.2db0e3ea5e03324e0274f9792482987a.png

22 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

I can't remember, as it's been a while since I left Palmyra. Do the Bears have parades when they lift trophies? Will Bubtradamus be summoned to the Governor's mansion to predict the future?

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

no parade. Party at the Giant center

Anyone here know anything about Pittsburgh? Only been twice for Red Sox games but have a retirement party to attend outside the city in July and pondering going a day before. What to do other than the incline and walk up the Strip District?
Nothing.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, canderson said:

Anyone here know anything about Pittsburgh? Only been twice for Red Sox games but have a retirement party to attend outside the city in July and pondering going a day before. What to do other than the incline and walk up the Strip District?

Gateway Clipper for sightseeing and dinner cruises - dock is located very close to one of the inclines.

Carnegie Science Center is adjacent to Heinz Field. (that was intentional)

14 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

16 minutes ago, canderson said:

You’re a craft beer guy, right? There are a number of breweries in/near the city worth a visit, depending on what part of tahn you’re in.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TimB said:

You’re a craft beer guy, right? There are a number of breweries in/near the city worth a visit, depending on what part of tahn you’re in.

I am! I see the Andy Warhol Museum which is right up our alley. Where should we stay? Next day have to be southwest of the city - south of the airport a bit. 

12Z Suite mostly underwhelming for rain through the end of the weekend...about 1/2" on average.   With that said, D2 introduced for a small part of the LSV.

Northeast Drought Summary

Much of the Northeast experienced below average daytime high temperatures this week. Several locations in interior portions of the Northeast also received well above normal rainfall totals, leading to improvements in the drought depiction, particularly across northern New England and parts of Upstate New York. Some locations in southeastern Pennsylvania and northern West Virginia also experienced improving drought conditions, associated with a couple of rounds of heavy rainfall, totaling in excess of 2 inches for the week. Unfortunately, short-term dryness leading up to this week warranted further degradation of drought and abnormal dryness (D0) across southern New England and the Mid-Atlantic from the I-95 corridor eastward to the Atlantic Coast.

image.thumb.png.70f485f5f65afb0489a4d58b0a7a7a72.png

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

12Z Suite mostly underwhelming for rain through the end of the weekend...about 1/2" on average.   With that said, D2 introduced for a small part of the LSV.

Northeast Drought Summary

Much of the Northeast experienced below average daytime high temperatures this week. Several locations in interior portions of the Northeast also received well above normal rainfall totals, leading to improvements in the drought depiction, particularly across northern New England and parts of Upstate New York. Some locations in southeastern Pennsylvania and northern West Virginia also experienced improving drought conditions, associated with a couple of rounds of heavy rainfall, totaling in excess of 2 inches for the week. Unfortunately, short-term dryness leading up to this week warranted further degradation of drought and abnormal dryness (D0) across southern New England and the Mid-Atlantic from the I-95 corridor eastward to the Atlantic Coast.

image.thumb.png.70f485f5f65afb0489a4d58b0a7a7a72.png

Really interesting - this comes one day after the county of Lancaster lifted it's burn ban. 

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Really interesting - this comes one day after the county of Lancaster lifted it's burn ban. 

My take on this is that 1) It is through Tue at 8AM 2) The burn bad is really based on surface wetness (there goes another one for the masses) while 2 of the 4 stats used for the drought monitor are more about longer term items like ground water and streams.   The rain this week has been nice for the grass but will do nothing to change the drought stats when you need about 1/4" of rain every other day just to stay even. 

• Thanks 1