• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2023 OBS Thread

JTA66

Some chances for showers and t-storms return late this PM but a better chance by Thursday into Thursday night. But not a washout as we should see some sun each day. Of note today the average temperature is 75.7 degrees - this is on average the warmest day of the calendar year. Beginning tomorrow we begin trending down in average temperatures reaching our coldest average day on January 21st at 24.6 degrees.
Records for today: High 100 (1900) / Low 51 (1976) / Rain 2.61" (1903)
image.png.c3938e1e8d64c6b83a692c5c91b66929.png

9 hours ago, ChescoWx said:
Some chances for showers and t-storms return late this PM but a better chance by Thursday into Thursday night. But not a washout as we should see some sun each day. Of note today the average temperature is 75.7 degrees - this is on average the warmest day of the calendar year. Beginning tomorrow we begin trending down in average temperatures reaching our coldest average day on January 21st at 24.6 degrees.
Records for today: High 100 (1900) / Low 51 (1976) / Rain 2.61" (1903)
image.png.c3938e1e8d64c6b83a692c5c91b66929.png

I’m in Sea Isle City this week.  Had a strong storm around 2:40 swore I saw a weak funnel cloud on the southwest side of that storm.  picked up most likely .50” or so at 68th and Pleasure.

15 hours ago, Kevin Reilly said:

I’m in Sea Isle City this week.  Had a strong storm around 2:40 swore I saw a weak funnel cloud on the southwest side of that storm.  picked up most likely .50” or so at 68th and Pleasure.

Hi Kevin I am here also... quite a bolt of lightning around that time also. I measure 0.27" yesterday....some heavy rain falling again here this AM with another 0.13
 so far

• Like 1

Storm centered across Central Chester County this AM dropped over 1" of rain is spots with very little rain across both Northern and Southern Chesco. Rain chances will continue over the next couple days before we dry out for the weekend. Warming trend next week and we may actually see some pretty hot temps with almost all spots exceeding 90 degrees possible in about one weeks time.
Records for today: High 99 (1930) / Low 51 (1924) / Rain 1.82" (1919)
image.png.8a5f045df0e587ca8d254c37384cb025.png

2 hours ago, ChescoWx said:

Hi Kevin I am here also... quite a bolt of lightning around that time also. I measure 0.27" yesterday....some heavy rain falling again here this AM with another 0.13
 so far

Wind east now mesoscale low exiting stage right from Stone Harbor looks like Wildwood Cape May got hammered this morning.

• Like 1

Nice day today with high temps not too far from normal. Rain chances ramp up again toward tomorrow morning with some models showing another inch of rain for parts of the county. We should have a near perfect weekend with near normal temps for late July.
Records for today: High 99 (1930) / Low 48 (1966) / Rain 4.78" (1979)
image.png.240b3b5f0bb41f71b158d09e2d9fbe64.png

52 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Made it up to 83 as a high yesterday as it was mostly overcast much of the day.  Bottomed out at 70 this morning and am currently partly sunny with an odd deck of cumulus, and 83, with dp bopping between 71 & 72.

My cumulus are looking rather conspicuous.

82F/DP 68F

37 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Made it up to 87 as a high today with changeable skies and it's currently 81 with hazy clouds and dp 73.

On a sidenote, I have been watching a cell in NE Philly literally spinning around and undulating over the same spot for almost an hour.  It's nuts. :huh:

kdix_20230720_2233_BR_0.51.png

I've been watching that...just blew up around Doylestown heading N. 

May have to get RedSky on the horn....

DT.jpg

1 hour ago, Birds~69 said:

Here's our stuff for tomorrow early morning from the Clev radar. 1.25" hail and all that jazz...looks like a solid line and will break the mugginess. And Friday night windows open...

86F/DP 71F

cows.jpg

Guidance has a sweet morning line of storms that vaporizes over Berks/Bucks should prove interesting

• Like 1