Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2023 OBS Thread

JTA66

5 minutes ago, mattinpa said:

I am rooting for an underperformer. I don’t like severe weather to begin with and am starting my move today.

Done with the Royersford area?

My time there the winters were nothing special (crappy elevation 210ft) but had some nice summer severe events.

5 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Done with the Royersford area?

My time there the winters were nothing special (crappy elevation 210ft) but had some nice summer severe events.

No, staying at Staybridge Suites until I find a new permanent place. Will probably end up nearby. Winters here are indeed a little weaker than the area average. I also at least at my house miss a lot of the worst severe storms.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mattinpa said:

No, staying at Staybridge Suites until I find a new permanent place. Will probably end up nearby. Winters here are indeed a little weaker than the area average. 

Good luck.

I don't miss traveling RT422 heading toward KOP (East). The traffic and damn sun glare in the morning was bad. Then heading home going West in the Fall when dark dodging deer. Nailed one coming off the Limerick/Linfield exit....what a blast!

83F/DP 70F

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Training line a couple miles away from my west to the north. Constant thunder and can see and feel the rain

What a tease.

Hearing distant thunder w/nothing to follow may be more annoying than no thunder. It's like (if possible) hearing snow and don't receive a flurry...

tease.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedSky said:

NAM and HRR have been targeting 7-11pm as the main action.

That said the early action missed us to the north and northeast as guidance indicated

Looking more and more like 8-9ish+ for the bulk...maybe some showers/a storm beforehand.

84F/DP 71F

.45 in of rain total from the last two days, including the 10 minute downpour this morning. Its a start. Need that sun to come out  in the next few hours to provide the juice now.

We seem to be getting screwed in our sw corner of the lv. I am at 0.58 since Thursday. For many summers we were in the jackpot, but not this summer! And for those that doubt a very localized drought like pattern, 2.97” since May 1 on my gauge.

3 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

This just blew up within the past 1/2 or so. Headed right toward RedSky...someone should wake him up from his after dinner nap. :oldman:

81F/DP 72F

rsk.jpg

As shown it's going to scrape by a couple miles to my east. Thunder woke me up.

Thunderstorm just wrapped up here in Media picked up .50" I would not even call those storms strong just garden variety really.  We picked up .50" in 30 minutes.

Weird thing was the dewpoint at the storm approached went from 69 to 59 in like 15 minutes before the first drops of rain came.

currently 70 dewpoint 62

• Like 1