• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Spring 2023

3 Hours ago my dewpoint was 47.  I just looked at my station.  Temp 75, RH 29%, dewpoint 36 !!!  It dropped 11 degrees in 3 hours.  Incredible.

My low this morning was a nippy 44.1 degrees.  As for smoke in my area...it is just as the models show it.  West of MDT the concentration drops off dramatically.  Worst was yesterday midday.  I could see the light haze all around and could smell it faintly.  Will be interesting to see what happens over the next 24-36 hours.  I think I haven't seen the dewpoint above 60 more than 3 or 4 times this entire season thus far.  The low dewpoints in summertime I love.  It gives us cool morning lows in the 50s.  Like others have already stated here...dewpoints in the 30s in June are crazy!

the smoke is killing my Amish way of drying my clothes
I get it, a washer/dryer combo likely sets you back a few hundred cases of oat soda but this is probably nature's way of telling you it's time to drag your ass into the 21st century.

The next sign is likely going to be an epic drought rendering your lawnmower useless. Oh wait...

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

I get it, a washer/dryer combo likely sets you back a few hundred cases of oat soda but this is probably nature's way of telling you it's time to drag your ass into the 21st century.

The next sign is likely going to be an epic drought rendering your lawnmower useless. Oh wait...

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Cant run a washing machine when you aint got no water. These modern city types aint never been one for droughts, ya hear?

8 hours ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Good morning all, low of 47 here.  Man, is the smoke thick out there right now.  It looks like it should ease up a bit throughout the midday before building back in this evening, and then slowly thinning out tomorrow and through the weekend.  But who really knows, as this stuff seems tough to predict as far as exact location and timing.  Outside chance of some rain showers later today but the better chance for our area is late in the day tomorrow.  Confidence building for a more soaking rainfall Monday into Tuesday and then hopefully some more opportunities in the extended period.  Let's get this smoke the hell out of here!

I saw NYC Mayor Adams on TV yesterday. He was talking about what people should expect. He mentioned that smoke prediction wasn't very good past 24 hours. I was surprised other people weren't pointing that out. Yesterday was just as bad if not worse for them yet I believe it had been predicted to be better. If smoke predictions aren't great, that would explain that, wouldn't it?

I would be interested in hearing more about this if anybody knows.

• Like 1

Like everywhere else, Williamsport has gotten better. Right before I went to bed around 5:30a I looked out and I could see the distant hills again which had disappeared and nearer things looked fairly normal. At 5:26 we had PM196 and visibility of 3 miles. Just now at 4:43p we had PM130 and visibility of 7 miles. Yesterday they said things will get worse later this evening. We shall see.

I hope I never look out and see  almost everything near and far look different and much covered up by smoke like yesterday. But the way things are going, I probably will.

I think in the future I will think of fog in a different way. It will be a reminder of this week on the one hand but I will be so happy it isn't smoke on the other.