• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Ides of March end of Winter 2023

8 minutes ago, canderson said:

I simply don’t buy the GFS for Friday. Temps are incredibly marginal. I might see snowflakes but expect no accumz. 

For Friday, as its currently depicted, marginal and mid march does not bode well for lower 1/3 of state.  Like I said, mood snows that whiten the ground is better than nothing. 

For Monday dealeo, I just saw the cmc and would be giddy if we could hold that look.  Its really about as optimal as it could get here...but thats me also wishing it to be the correct solution.

9 minutes ago, canderson said:

True. I just don’t trust Miller Bs. I can’t recall the last time we didn’t bust from one. 

We needed a quicker transfer for Friday to work.  Primary to Central Ohio is the kill shot for us southers.  Without the blocking, it'd be headed for Chicago like most others this year.  At least its giving some in our area a chance at winter precip.  And even if we could have gotten the quicker transfer.....you have a dreaded dryslot, which a storm being so close (even if it was under us a bit more) - would likely result in the Susqu skip zone as coastal takes over.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pasnownut said:

We needed a quicker transfer for Friday to work.  Primary to Central Ohio is the kill shot for us southers.  Without the blocking, it'd be headed for Chicago like most others this year.  At least its giving some in our area a chance at winter precip.  

Many of us will do well on Friday, but south of the turnpike could struggle.

49 minutes ago, canderson said:

True. I just don’t trust Miller Bs. I can’t recall the last time we didn’t bust from one. 

Neither do I, particularly ones that gain this type of latitude without a sufficiently cold antecedent airmass in place.  To say nothing of the surface temperature issues that are going to act as a big deterrent to anything falling as white staying white.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

That's pretty much what I was trying to convey in my post a little while back.  He just did it better and with a lot more science backing it.  I'll let Elliott have this one ;)

39 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Many of us will do well on Friday, but south of the turnpike could struggle.

We'll see.  Temps for the best panel of precip says that may be further north than Tpike.  You can likely add a couple deg for this as is often the case. 

gfs_T2m_neus_11.png

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Climbs the coast and deepens down to 976 and is a nice snow for NE PA and interior NE.  A New York Masher. 

Euro actually deepens the low right off the NC coast and moves slowly up the coast. Verbatim it's really close to a much bigger outcome, especially for eastern PA. 

• Like 1