• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Ides of March end of Winter 2023

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I do tend to  think next weekend isn't ours. I think we'll have to wait a few more days thereafter. Always could be wrong though.

I think that Next weekend is still to be determined, but we should have at least a 10 day Winter storm window between the 10th & 20th.

I just hope we get 1 region wide Warning level mostly snow event before we end the season.

5 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

I think that Next weekend is still to be determined, but we should have at least a 10 day Winter storm window between the 10th & 20th.

I just hope we get 1 region wide Warning level mostly snow event before we end the season.

I’ll take a region wide advisory event.  That’d be the biggest “storm” of the pitiful season. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

0z Euro… wow!

36 here this Am.  The highest's it has been in about 20 hours was 39    .25" of snow (on a ratio of probably close to 3-1), a little sleet, ~1/10" accretion of freezing rain and .75" of plain rain (estimated) for the last storm.    Some areas North of me between Chambersburg and Gettysburg (in the LSV) were around 2" of snow with better surface temps to accumulate. 

On that Euro run....

Less snow in Leesburg, VA--Check

Snowy Cashtown/Coop_Mason--Check

Snow in Brooklyn--Check

Snowy Manchester, MD--Check

One of the lowest numbers on the map in Harrisburg--Check

Has all the makings of a winner though relying on a low to form on a cutters warm front/transferring without missing us is risky "blizz"ness. 

• Like 1

Last night's thunderstorm with some heavy thunder, rain and very bright lightning marked the 3rd one for the year. Which is I have had a thunderstorm in every month so far in 2023. And to me a surprising 1.40 rain for the event. I think there were multiple thunderstorms in that batch last night as it took awhile to completely move on.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

How did your auction items do? 

Idk I didn't go over, I wanted to but didn't. Maybe I'll text the auctioneer as we are friends. But the check in the mail will tell the tale. They get a 35% commission on on the total sale. But at least I'm rid of the stuff. I hated to part with it  but I don't use the stuff. I would have had to built a 20x50 cli ate controlled building to keep everything that I got rid of and what's here. So I got rid of some sentimental value, and some history. But I can't keep everything. But at the same time it was my grandfathers stuff and he went through the great depression, and they kept and held on to that and made use of it. So I feel a little guilty of getting rid of it knowing what they went through and how they went through life making every penny count.

7 hours ago, CarlislePaWx said:

In the last 3 hours my Tempest has recorded 104 strikes.  Last one was 46 minutes ago.  I never saw any lightning here, but the station can detect strikes up to 27 miles away.  It's been pouring here the past 2 hours.  Total precip for today up to 1.38" and no sign of it stopping soon.  Temp holding at 36.3 degrees.

Here's the big item...my pressure is down to 994 millibars and continuing to fall.  There's the generator for the high winds coming up.  Significant low pressure followed likely by rapid pressure rises behind the front.

How you like your tempest, any issues?

19 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

Idk I didn't go over, I wanted to but didn't. Maybe I'll text the auctioneer as we are friends. But the check in the mail will tell the tale. They get a 35% commission on on the total sale. But at least I'm rid of the stuff. I hated to part with it  but I don't use the stuff. I would have had to built a 20x50 cli ate controlled building to keep everything that I got rid of and what's here. So I got rid of some sentimental value, and some history. But I can't keep everything. But at the same time it was my grandfathers stuff and he went through the great depression, and they kept and held on to that and made use of it. So I feel a little guilty of getting rid of it knowing what they went through and how they went through life making every penny count.

I bet it is hard.  I struggle letting go of stuff too....I always think what if I need this in the future and will have to buy it again or in your case, do I want to get rid of family stuff.  Hopefully it does well, and you can go away knowing that what they collected was worth something to someone else and you.   If the buyers knew the story of the stuff it would probably add sentimental value for them as well. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

A few robins milling about in the yard.  They obviously do not read JB's twitters and the coming winter smack down.

This is the JB tweet:

Wild storm is exiting New England. Monster likely next weekend or early following week. top 3 or 4 cold March 11-20 on the way. Winter making up for lost time

High gust so far recorded on my weather station has been 38mph, but it has almost certainly gusted a good bit higher than that at times. The house seems to shield the station a bit from SW type winds. Had a brief loss of power as well, which hasn’t happened here in awhile. 

3 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

High gust so far recorded on my weather station has been 38mph, but it has almost certainly gusted a good bit higher than that at times. The house seems to shield the station a bit from SW type winds. Had a brief loss of power as well, which hasn’t happened here in awhile. 

That downslope area near 99 has to be pretty wild today.  

8 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Major changes for the good on the 0z Euro!

The low in the Midwest is forced by the block to redevelop in NC. The low then absolutely crawls to the north and east. It slowly moves east to northeast.

All of CTP & all of the LSV crushed with heavy snow this run!

We are far from a resolution on this event!

726B40D0-ECE2-43D5-BD3A-8858D728F20B.png

A444B772-7296-4D70-9B3C-0C6D0E322282.png

29C02A6A-DF93-4A2E-9E55-74C3F96F2711.png

Can the Euro please hold or even improve this storm for next week & regain its crown? 

• Like 1