• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2023 OBS Thread

2 hours ago, hazwoper said:

I can't go down this path with you, I just cant.  If you don't realize that humans, through the release of carbon that has been trapped in the earths crust for millions of years is causing the extreme increases in the past century in global temps, then I don't know what to say.  Not sure where you got that graph, but this one is far more realistic.  Using a 10 degree spread is a bit misleading, to say the least.

image.png.dd9dd36b4c79dcc648f67ab9ac229413.png

Agreed no need to run it down on this site....but there is absolutely no proof of any "extreme increases" even when using the popular adjusted data you show above. Even if that post obs adjusted data was deemed accurate - that rate of increase will not cause any calamities. Also food for thought...what is the right temperature for Earth?? The extreme ice ages and previous warm periods were indeed extreme...what you show above is no emergency no matter how you slice it!

10 minutes ago, ChescoWx said:

Yikes for you Phightin Phillies fans - I just saw that Rhys Hoskins was carted off the field in Clearwater in the 2nd inning.....

It's was a non contact play on defense...sounds like his  knee popped. Brain thinking one way, body went the other way. 

On 3/19/2023 at 9:03 AM, Birds~69 said:

We had a super extended Fall in my eyes. Now, bang, right into Spring/Summer. And probably a bad mosquito/gnat and our friend the spotted laternfly season. Add in allergies, heat, high DPs and we're entering a dismal period. Severe weather is the only bright spot and that's not guaranteed. I'd pay to FF right to September...

https://www.audacy.com/kywnewsradio/news/local/mild-winter-expedite-2023-spotted-lanternfly-season

27F       

fall22.jpg

I think this is the only community I know of where the warm season is so widely disliked. You guys are crazy lol.

The thunderstorms last night and showers overnight have brought us a much needed 0.81" of rain here in Chester County PA. More rain with temps remaining in the 40's both today and tomorrow before Sunny and milder on Sunday. We could see an additional 0.5" to 1.0" of rain by Saturday evening.
Records for today: High 77 (1929) / Low 12 (1940) / Precipitation 1.21" (1989) / Snow 3.5" (1965)
image.png.ffdcb3d2e01dbf8a50003d7f52918a81.png

We have received 1.30" of rain over the last 3 days -still leaving us 2.80" below normal so far here in 2023. A beautiful day today with high temps well into the 50's to near 60 degrees. This will be our last above average day till Friday. Rain chances increase again by late tomorrow afternoon but sun will return for much of the week before more rain chances by Friday.
Records for today: High 84 (1921) / Low 18 (1951) / Rain 2.03" (1978) / Snow 2.0" (1900)
image.png.2f8cca08fddbe7703fd94c09d63d52d2.png

1 hour ago, JTA66 said:

Ice cream truck in the neighborhood, 58F.

Must have been this guy driving around -

Sun was welcome today after a few days of rain/overcast and with some low stratus/fog wringing out another 0.01" of rain this morning plus 0.24" yesterday, I ended up with 0.94" total over the past 4 days.

Low was 44 this morning and am currently at my high for the day so far of a sunny 60 with dp 32.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, RedSky said:

Any Philly peeps here going to brave chugging that Delaware river tap water come midnight tomorrow? :drunk:

I can proudly say that I run my non-Delaware River-derived Schuylkill (River) Punch through a Pur water filter! :popcorn:

I did actually make it to 61 for a high yesterday and rebounded quickly from ideal radiational cooling with some puffs of a breeze, to go from a 38 low earlier this morning, to my current 45 with dp 27.  Will be on the lookout for more incoming rain later today.

• Like 1

A sunny start to the week but clouds increase and some rain by late today. Dry and cooler most of the week before warmer weather by Friday but also rain Friday night into Saturday...but may approach 70 degrees in the rain on Saturday!
Records for today: High 85 (1921) / Low 17 (1982) / Rain 1.85" (1983) / Snow 1.5" (1959)
image.png.85f8008fb83af49aae913ff9fd70eaf4.png

Normal highs for today are in the mid-50's we will not see temps that warm until Friday. The chilliest day of the week will be Thursday with highs running nearly 10 degrees below normal. We also have the chance of some below freezing mornings over the next 3 days. Keep an eye on any plants you may already have outside. Our next rain chances arrive on Friday afternoon.
Records: High 84 (1945) / Low 16 (1928) / Rain 2.26" (1932) / Snow 1.0" (1956)
image.png.d30006404f56b3579bb852e51782abcc.png

On 3/26/2023 at 11:21 PM, RedSky said:

Any Philly peeps here going to brave chugging that Delaware river tap water come midnight tomorrow? :drunk:

Good through Wed 11:59pm now. It's almost like they're making up time constraints at this point till (if) someone becomes sick...

Overcast/41F 

On 3/23/2023 at 12:25 PM, Maxwell03 said:

I think this is the only community I know of where the warm season is so widely disliked. You guys are crazy lol.

This is a cold and snow based weather board in general. Not sure why you're surprised. 

I, however, am a warmanista and despise winter in general...unless an historic storm is in the offing. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I think many of us wouldn't mind a "warm season", but we don't get those here. We get ungodly hot & humid summers that stretch on for 5 months and force many of us to hibernate in AC and not emerge until late October like some sort of winter-like locust.  :maphot:

45F

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

You guys better start thinking about drought instead of cold and warm. Not having more than .50 inch of rain in weeks here at my house is worrisome.  Usually the ground is so wet,  I cannot even drive the mower on it.  Once the tree releaf begins and the temps hit near 70, its game on as the moisture will really get sucked out of the ground. Fortunately the soil temps are below normal now but that can quickly change with a few sunny 70 degree days. I am hoping Saturday we can get an inch of rain with some t- storms but I am not holding my breath as this stagnant light shower weather pattern refuses to budge.  I am so tired of either the constant cloudy cold days or sunny blowing your ass around days. It has been this way for the entire  month.  50 degree sunny days with 30 mph + northerly winds is not productive.  

• Weenie 1

Plenty of valley locations across Chester County saw sub freezing temps this morning with some upper 20's in spots. Along the higher ridge locations we temps remained in the mid-30's. Today will be just about normal regarding high temps with readings in the mid-50's. Tomorrow we slip to well below normal with highs in the mid-40's. We warm up to start the weekend but with showers likely on Friday night into Saturday.
Records for today: High 87 (1945) / Low 9 (1923) / Rain 1.23" (1984) / Snow 3.0" (1942)
image.png.c7bd59b6ee54cb9bc07924ce8efb3750.png

42 minutes ago, ChescoWx said:
Plenty of valley locations across Chester County saw sub freezing temps this morning with some upper 20's in spots. Along the higher ridge locations we temps remained in the mid-30's. Today will be just about normal regarding high temps with readings in the mid-50's. Tomorrow we slip to well below normal with highs in the mid-40's. We warm up to start the weekend but with showers likely on Friday night into Saturday.
Records for today: High 87 (1945) / Low 9 (1923) / Rain 1.23" (1984) / Snow 3.0" (1942)
image.png.c7bd59b6ee54cb9bc07924ce8efb3750.png

Tomorrow morning will be even colder. Mid 20s (or less) and highs in the 40s. Probably the last cooler/cold blast of the season...

37F

• Like 1