Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Mid/Long Range Disco 2

WinterWxLuvr

55 minutes ago, WesternFringe said:

So, record snow from bombogenesis (which should decrease in frequency with a warming climate, according to IPCC 6) in Buffalo is climate change.  Record cold is climate change.  And droughts of snow is climate change.  When it is super hot it is climate change.  When we have drought it is climate change.  When we rain more than normal it is climate change. Bigger hurricanes (which we haven’t seen) are the result of climate change.  Got it.

Are there any weather phenomena that are not the result of climate change?  Lol

No. Lol That’s the game. All about money and control. We humans can’t control how the globe behaves. Even they acknowledge that if we followed all of the suggestions, every country followed the suggestions, it wouldn’t really make much difference. We have a better shot going to the beach and pushing back high tide with a broom. 

59 minutes ago, WesternFringe said:

So, record snow from bombogenesis (which should decrease in frequency with a warming climate, according to IPCC 6) in Buffalo is climate change.  Record cold is climate change.  And droughts of snow is climate change.  When it is super hot it is climate change.  When we have drought it is climate change.  When we rain more than normal it is climate change. Bigger hurricanes (which we haven’t seen) are the result of climate change.  Got it.

Are there any weather phenomena that are not the result of climate change?  Lol

No doubt we are in a warming cycle. Not much we can do about it. Push the broom faster I guess. Lol

14 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Poor comparison imo. The period leading up to that had a west based block with a 50-50 low (in a Nino), which we can see the remnants of there as it broke down just ahead of the approaching storm- often associated with a KU. The height pattern progressed to that point a completely different way than we are looking at now. Plus the lower 48 and Canada wasn't a torch leading in.

Composite Plot

Ya the not being a torch part is my main argument. The longwave pattern isn’t the problem it’s that the whole N American airmass is torched. 

Here is an uplifting thought. The last 7 years have been so awful that even if DC has what would be a miraculous recovery and ends this season with 15” it would still need to average 26” over the next 3 seasons for the 10 year period to end up at DCAs already lowered and atrocious current 30 year avg of 14”. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, CAPE said:

lol .

That post wasn't directed at you btw.

I know I’m just being a smart arse. Trying to have some fun with this god awful state we’re in.

Thing is it’s not that we have gone 8 years since a big snow season.  For me the frustrating thing is that a lot of the years in between good ones are becoming total ratters. Since we spend 80-90% of the time not in those rare unicorn seasons it’s way more important Imo what the typical base state is in the interim periods. I would gladly give up some snow during those 1-2 good seasons in order to actually get closer to a respectable amount of snow during the other 8 years a decade.  

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

I know I’m just being a smart arse. Trying to have some fun with this god awful state we’re in.

Thing is it’s not that we have gone 8 years since a big snow season.  For me the frustrating thing is that a lot of the years in between good ones are becoming total ratters. Since we spend 80-90% of the time not in those rare unicorn seasons it’s way more important Imo what the typical base state is in the interim periods. I would gladly give up some snow during those 1-2 good seasons in order to actually get closer to a respectable amount of snow during the other 8 years a decade.  

Without getting too much into 'that', I have accepted (esp in my location) that the marginal events that used to work are going to be mostly rain now(we shall see about a moderate Nino with blocking. If that doesn't work..). Thus why I root for PNA/big -EPO pattern and cross polar flow. Didn't used to need that- but now, maybe. Plus in recent winters those type patterns have worked out pretty good for the MA coastal plain. New normal maybe. Not a big snow pattern, but I don't care so much about that. When we do get the cold periods, I will gladly take cold powder moderate snow events followed by more Arctic cold and temps near zero. My idea of winter. 

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic