Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 2022/2023

1 hour ago, paweather said:

CMC is a frontal passage LOL 

Just looked.  Thats one hella frontal passage.  Not sure what to take from the constant cutter look that is a new default for many/most events.  Not sure I'm buying what its selling, but the Euro has a similar look, so they shouldnt be discounted even tho we hope n pray they are wrong in many ways.

GFS ens vs OP at 174 are not too far off at 500, so that should make one feel that they may be onto something.  Maybe Blizz or someone else can post the Euro/Ens for same timestamp to see how wide the goalposts really are at this juncture.

• Like 1

toggling back n forth between the majors, out to 132 they are pretty similar.  They divulge beyond that w/ the GFS having a deeper trough (hence the better solution) vs the Euro much less diggy/troughy.  As i stated above, GFS suite looks similar, so thats a plus.  Thats what I'm focusing on in the next couple days...upper air...not surface.  I'd think by late weekend we should have a better idea of what we may need....sleds or boats.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, pasnownut said:

toggling back n forth between the majors, out to 132 they are pretty similar.  They divulge beyond that w/ the GFS having a deeper trough (hence the better solution) vs the Euro much less diggy/troughy.  As i stated above, GFS suite looks similar, so thats a plus.  Thats what I'm focusing on in the next couple days...upper air...not surface.  I'd think by late weekend we should have a better idea of what we may need....sleds or boats.

Sleds or Boats. LOL :D

5 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

My official tally for yesterday is a trace to perhaps .05" of ice accretion and 1.75" of liquid.  On to next week.  Let the model wars begin.

I've been patiently waiting for your final tally. 1.68" was my final total. MJS for the W...

I was listening to a met discussion online a little while ago - this guy says there's virtually no chance of an east coast storm next week. Almost a lock any storm will cut. Went on to say that a white Christmas can be salvaged with the arctic front and snow squalls...but he seems convinced that a coastal storm is NOT happening. 

We shall see. 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I've been patiently waiting for your final tally. 1.68" was my final total. MJS for the W...

I was listening to a met discussion online a little while ago - this guy says there's virtually no chance of an east coast storm next week. Almost a lock any storm will cut. Went on to say that a white Christmas can be salvaged with the arctic front and snow squalls...but he seems convinced that a coastal storm is NOT happening. 

We shall see. 

I would love to be a met with that much confidence. They may be right but to act as if the forecast is 100% correct that is :facepalm:

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

We shall see. 

Did your guy suggest why he thinks its a no go?  Would be great to here why peeps think not..especially if they are correct.

PNA heading + with NAO/AO still neg suggests ridging out west and trough in the east(much like todays GFS shows).  Mind you im not banking on the GFS to be correct, but the presentation seems logical and "fits" in my mind.  

Of course that doesnt mean a storm cant cut, but thats the 10 million dollar question that someone needs to help us understand.  

Loop back through the last 4 on hour runs of both GFS and Euro Ops, and you'll see the GFS being notably more consistent.    Then seeing the GEPS and GEFS looking similar up top, makes me think it has a clue to what may happen.  

Euro at 168 on 500mb panels is a few hundred miles W of EPS at same time stamp.  That would argue for a potentially more easterly SLP placement and potentially notably different solution.

I reiterate, I share what Im seeing to add substance to where my head is....and how it gets there.  NOT because I think I'm correct.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, paweather said:

The most important model run has started :D

If Blizz does not show, you may need to PBP unless someone else gets it.  LOL.  We do need to get with Blizz's company and make them understand what winter is and what it means to this group and Blizz being around.   MA LR thread rippling JB a new one.