• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Winter 2022/2023

3 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Looks the same as 12z so far.  i.e. not good.

On the plus side, if it were the same as 12Z it would be our best model for South snow right now re 1-3 in Lanco...now the HRRR, not good.   (Edit, oh wait you meant 12Z HRRR, was not good....I misread, sorry.  Thought you were comparing 0Z Euro to 12Z on another site.  JUst saw grandmaster say the Euro looks lesser)

image.thumb.png.b61f8a4446caa915160d7746798fdaf5.png

8 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

On the plus side, if it were the same as 12Z it would be our best model for South snow right now re 1-3 in Lanco...now the HRRR, not good.   (Edit, oh wait you meant 12Z HRRR, was not good....I misread, sorry.  Thought you were comparing 0Z Euro to 12Z on another site.  JUst saw grandmaster say the Euro looks lesser)

image.thumb.png.b61f8a4446caa915160d7746798fdaf5.png

Yes sorry I meant HRRR.  If you squint hard enough it's maybe a pinch better than 12z but Lancaster still basically nill.  On the bright side I might get to witness some decent rates in Harrisburg over lunch break. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GrandmasterB said:

The NAM is concerning even for State College. I think that's probably curtains for down here. Really the theme of the season, just can't get anything to work.

In all seriousness - I feel like the NAM map that our good friend @Mount Joy Snowman posted is often how the rain/snow line works with storms....what starts out as "MIGHT mix with sleet/freezing rain for a time" in Lancaster often ends up with the mix line into southern NY state. 

Watching the pretty colors steadily migrate north with this system reminds me of that. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

In all seriousness - I feel like the NAM map that our good friend @Mount Joy Snowman posted is often how the rain/snow line works with storms....what starts out as "MIGHT mix with sleet/freezing rain for a time" in Lancaster often ends up with the mix line into southern NY state. 

Watching the pretty colors steadily migrate north with this system reminds me of that. 

Anything that comes to us from our west is a problem and this winter has been all cutters thus far and it looks like it will continue. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, paweather said:

Anything that comes to us from our west is a problem and this winter has been all cutters thus far and it looks like it will continue. 

The Winter of MU.  All this no snow in Lanco talk had me check if there has ever been an NFL Punter who came from Lanco...according to my sources, there has not.  LOL

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

The Winter of MU.  All this no snow in Lanco talk had me check if there has ever been an NFL Punter who came from Lanco...according to my sources, there has not.  LOL

MU admitted that he missed the mark badly on January - after nailing the snowless December, he thought that January would be winter's coldest and snowiest. 

I guess if MU somehow manages to get a tenth of an inch tomorrow...January will be in the running for the snowiest! 

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

And anything that cuts should not surprise us when it fails. 

Particularly in a year when there has been little entrenched cold to be found, thus limiting any up-front overrunning potential.  As so many have alluded to, we just really need to get out of this long-lasting pattern we've been in where seemingly all major storms want to cut to our west.  Until that changes, little else will.  But our time will come.....eventually. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Particularly in a year when there has been little entrenched cold to be found, thus limiting any up-front overrunning potential.  As so many have alluded to, we just really need to get out of this long-lasting pattern we've been in where seemingly all major storms want to cut to our west.  Until that changes, little else will.  But our time will come.....eventually. 

I should have added that - systems aren't even able to attack a stout arctic airmass. Minus that feature...yeah. 

• Like 1