• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 2022/2023

45 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

Yea that mid-week wave was what was bringing the frontal boundary down to set the edge for Friday. Friday’s event has been timing somewhat faster and the mid-week wave really hasn’t been pressing the front either. Spacing is definitely an issue, but so is the strength of Friday’s system. An already bombed out 976mb coming up the Mississippi out of the Ozarks isn’t ideal. It responds to the block and tries to secondary but the primary is too strong.

There’s going to be some kind of a mix event for most or all of C-PA with this, but going to have to figure out thermals. Most guidance places a deep wedge of low level cold east of the Alleghenies all the way up through 850mb. Typically that’s enough to ensure what would be a significant period of front end snow, but there is prolific warm advection all the way up at 700mb (10k feet) due to the very strong 700mb low associated with the mature primary well west that would cut into that potential. That elevated of a warm nose would indicate to me sleet would be a predominant p-type for a while. I will say when it comes to the more mesoscale thermal features that are common around here I personally prefer the Euro when it comes to global guidance over the GFS… and then short range/high res stuff once it’s close enough. 

So here was 6z Euro.

Hr 87 temps at 850mb 

Same hour at 700mb

This is real meteorology and not modelology, love it.   We may be using @Coop_Mason's @Cashtown_Coopgood rain/snow line radar Fri AM. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

This is real meteorology and not modelology, love it.   We kay be using @Coop_Mason's @Cashtown_Coopgood rain/snow line radar Fri AM. 

I still haven't been able to resolve my email issue.  Any idea who I should reach out to?   I simply tried updating my email and never received a confirmation for my new email.   

5 minutes ago, canderson said:

Also @Itstrainingtime I have that song now stuck in my head! I'd like a version of that recorded with AutoTune. :) 

I just came back from the office lunchroom - I got a lot of strange looks (okay...not really, everyone here knows I'm a goofball) because I was singing it while heating up my lunch. 

And not the "Candy Man" lyrics either...I was singing the Canderson lyrics! LOL

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Not much to get excited about on the long range GFS - does look like a lot dry weather until the end of the run when yet another cutter is taking shape.

Sigh. 

Check out the "no worry of discrete threats" area of the MA Thread.   We have the cold so that is something we have not had since Dec.   The NJ and Balt twins are started to get irritated as well.   They were counting on an early Spring. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Check out the "no worry of discrete threats" area of the MA Thread.   We have the cold so that is something we have not had since Dec.   The NJ and Balt twins are started to get irritated as well.   They were counting on an early Spring. 

I've been following. I just want the moisture stream to be available to us once the new pattern settles in. 

8 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

To the tune of "The Candyman":

Who can bring the rainfall?

Sprinkle it with winds?

Cover it with warmth until it feels like spring,

The Canderson can,

The Canderson can

The Canderson can cause he mixes those things to make it feel like spring...

Lol, This is a classic!

I can’t wait to hear the second verse!