• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 2022/2023

12 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Sometimes people tell me that I have a quick wit...obviously those people have never met you. How the hell you come up with this stuff on the fly is impressive...

i get great laughter out of his posts

Edit- i dropped 5 degrees since 6am. 57, now 52

• Like 3

Sometimes people tell me that I have a quick wit...obviously those people have never met you. How the hell you come up with this stuff on the fly is impressive...
My brain is constantly running when I'm trying to, for the want of a better word, "shit" on things. If this were a life-and-death situation and you needed me to hold an artery or something, you'd be better off just handing me a piece of paper and a pen and ask me to start thinking of some zingers for the eulogy.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

My brain is constantly running when I'm trying to, for the want of a better word, "shit" on things. If this were a life-and-death situation and you needed me to hold an artery or something, you'd be better off just handing me a piece of paper and a pen and ask me to start thinking of some zingers for the eulogy.

So you are the Dak Prescott/Tony Romo of the forum.  Run up stats unless the pressure is on?  LOL

I once fumbled the hold for an extra point because I was finger-blasting the opposing Quarterback's mother five minutes prior and hadn't expected to be needed so soon.

Dak just sucks. I can't think of anything to make him funny. Maybe if he wore a ten gallon hat over his helmet and went by "Tex."

"Ten Gallon Tex Prescott threw for 105 yards and five interceptions today. He also fumbled the ball four times and was sacked an additional six times. Head coach Mike McCarthy continues to blame the offensive line for simply parting like the Red Sea for Moses, but refuses to listen to his centre who continues to say, "Why should I block for him when I give him ten yards of protection and he still plunks me in the back of the head with the ball?"

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I don't think either should be posted. :)  I'm sorry that I mentioned JB's thoughts. 

Sorry for what?  Like him or not, JB punting based on MJO plots/progressions has WAY more weight than a 384 hr snow map shown from an Op run. 

Not sure why any would argue that.  Just silly talk.

Sharing JB is every bit as acceptable as peeps posting snippets from other subs/college meteo depts.  

JB's gone rogue, but that doesnt take away from his abilities....it just hides them rather well :).

• Like 3

Like when you look back at high school (or some other good time for the always disagreeable people) and consider the good old days, even though you did not realize it during the time when living it, I look back at @Itstrainingtime's big Euro PBP from a month or two ago, with the Nesis payload, as the good old days of this winter. More winter to come though so who knows...

8 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Like when you look back at high school (or some other good time for the always disagreeable people) and consider the good old days, even though you did not realize it during the time when living it, I look back at @Itstrainingtime's big Euro PBP from a month or two ago, with the Nesis payload, as the good old days of this winter. More winter to come though so who knows...

I've done 2 PBP's this winter - the first was an epic run out of nowhere on a 12z GFS run that would have produced feet of snow if it would have materialized...sadly, and predictably, it did not. 

What I learned was that my PBP's produce a mixture in order of: excitement...hope...and ultimately...despair. 

:) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I've done 2 PBP's this winter - the first was an epic run out of nowhere on a 12z GFS run that would have produced feet of snow if it would have materialized...sadly, and predictably, it did not. 

What I learned was that my PBP's produce a mixture in order of: excitement...hope...and ultimately...despair. 

:) 

I do not recall the other one but same idea, I guess.   And being the PBP person is just a gig and does not count as forecasting.   Most people who post maps are not forecasting.  The gist of my thought was that it is so hard to know when the good old days are while living them. 

12Z Euro continues to spread snow, and eventually mix/frz, into PA next Saturday AM.  Looks like quite the healthy WAA dump near  2-4" for Northern and Eastern LSV.   Prior to the wave getting here a High pressure eases down from Canada and pushes the boundary far enough south to matter when the CAD kicks in on the approaching warm front.   Northern Areas of the LSV stay all frozen as the low minors out/transfers to the coast. 

12 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Everything in Palmyra is shit.

I used to watch the absolute shittiest fistfights at 2:00 AM from my shitty flat diagonal on the corner from Gary's Bar, which is King Shit of Hole Mountain.

The sinkholes can't win fast enough.

My sons always enjoyed playing tournaments at the "Pool Field" in Palmyra - they were both lefties and liked to go opposite field over the big wall in left field. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Everything in Palmyra is shit.

I used to watch the absolute shittiest fistfights at 2:00 AM from my shitty flat diagonal on the corner from Gary's Bar, which is King Shit of Hole Mountain.

The sinkholes can't win fast enough.

I live right by the high school. You are glad to come visit invite is on me! :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1