Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 2022/2023

35 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Picked up .38" of rain today.

I still have yet to see snow on the ground this season. Maytown picked up 1" several weeks ago while I was at work, where there was nothing on the ground. By the time I got home that evening...Maytown was green.

We should have some chances starting this weekend & next week.

Hopefully it’s snowing while we are tracking more events next week.

• Like 1

At 1.06” for the rainfall for today with this event. Temp is all the way up near 56ºF right now which I’m sure is +30-35ºF for this time of the year here.  It’s gonna take a cold rest of the month and/or one heck of an arctic outbreak to even out the + departures we’ll have accrued this first week of January by the time temps come back down to normal-ish late in the week. 

• Like 1

53 here this AM. MDT only at 43 though they did hit 50 overnight (high so far today after midnight is 48.)   GFS looks like the CMC now for this weekend...a sloppy push of snow, mix and rain late Sunday.  CMC still mostly snow though.   It is 60 just to my East in Adams county.   Nam extended would suggest snow breaks out in the LSV Saturday PM. 

39 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

The overnight models are now keying on a Sunday pm Advisory type of event that could bring a snow to mix to many of us.

Yeah it looks like better times should be headed our way after this mid week mess.  Not screamin snow kinda deal, but time to open the shades as things may pop up and even if marginal temp/snow wise, still better than this pea soup mess. 

Overnighters did look a touch better for Sun/Mon touch of winter love.  Still window shoppin though...cash stays in pocket for a little while. 

7 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Not to be overly critical, merely an observation...forecasts for here last night were off a bit. Locally I saw forecasts of temps in the mid to high 50s, when I left for work this morning it was 41. Not really close to what I was expecting. 

CXY got into the low 50's around midnight then dipped into the mid 40's this AM. It has been a roller coaster. 

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

That's for sure - ironically, my temp fell into the 40s last evening at about 8pm and slowly fell from there...last time it was above 50 was prior to 8pm. 

s/sw winds were to aid in the mixing.  When I went to bed it was calm....when I woke up, it was calm.  We both know that calm winds in mid winter can lock in the cold at surface....no matter how warm it is above your head.  IMO the mechanism to "scour" the cold didnt show up. That was the hunch I had yesterday when looking at satellite imagery wind profiles and temps for our area. 

Today has been forecasted to be warm for a while so once the fog cooks off, so will the lid on the temps.  Warmies can once again rejoice.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

No hot air from jets approaching MDT - the fog diverted the aircraft's flight pattern. LOL (though, there is probably some truth to that)

LOL.  Traffic Tower Controller Blizz decided to let you cool down last night. 60's in Adams county right now so the flight path must be swooping up from there. 

• Haha 1