• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 2022/2023

8 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Most forecasts for Lancaster were in the mid 50 range, so I was actually a little lower than forecasts.

Hmm, my zone said 47 for today when I checked yesterday.  HGR checked in at 55 and I got 2 extra up higher.   The GFS from 18Z last night had temps in the mid 40's here at 1PM.  The HRRR did a good job seeing the 55-60 temps down this way.  THV topped out at 57 or 58 as well. 

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Hmm, my zone said 47 for today when I checked yesterday.  HGR checked in at 55 and I got 2 extra up higher.   The GFS from 18Z last night had temps in the mid 40's here at 1PM.  The HRRR did a good job seeing the 55-60 temps down this way.  THV topped out at 57 or 58 as well. 

Well I remember my favorite radio station saying 48 today. LOL 

That guy from the largest university in Lanco was forecasting 52-56 today so I fell just short.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

High today was only 46. Very little breeze toscour cold air out here. Started digging a hole yesterday for a pole to install my ambient weather station ws-5000.the ground ess froze down 3-4 inches...wasn't expecting it to be froze down that far.gonna work on getting it online.

Next week it will not be frozen at all so if you need to dig more, just wait a bit. 

27 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Next week it will not be frozen at all so if you need to dig more, just wait a bit. 

I got it dug with a digging iron took a little bit of time. Wanted hole wider but it works went down 18 inches and hit solid rock. So I'll see what happens when ground unthaws. I think I'll ge good.

• Like 1

The rest of the 18z GFS run shows the potential of the pattern if all goes well after this warm up & reshuffle this coming week.

The GFS run has a couple of Winter storm opportunities & ends well at day 16 with a good look. It’s fantasy land of course, but it sure would be fun to be lining up potential events to track.

Hopefully we are busy tracking on here next week & beyond…

02F3DC2A-BFEE-44DD-BE2F-0BEC1762E68F.png

A68522D4-E0FD-47C8-9D11-DC60D6D3E040.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Storm forms on a front and is blocked back into the coast....one week out.  CMC has a similar scenario to start but no blocking and the low escapes to the east. 

image.thumb.png.f4583fbac2c346a214ad8b465d1f3c4b.png

Hopefully the 6z GFS gets some company with some other models supporting it today for the chance next Friday.

279DA02D-8820-4E0D-8BDB-6235D156F8D7.png