Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter 2022

George BM

2 minutes ago, H2O said:

Who is bent out of shape?  Telling someone to go to their own forum isn't a problem.  Thats what has to be done by staff because there are places for them to post.  

The problem is when a moderator says outside of subforum obs are fine to post when they're near her backyard, but any others aren't

Just now, TimB said:

Deep Creek (Garrett Co.) was part of NWS Pittsburgh’s area until it got illogically moved to LWX and separated from geographically similar Preston and Tucker counties. Then again, DC folk stole Deep Creek as our rightful Pittsburgh vacation spot and priced a lot of Pittsburghers out of it so that’s par for the course.

You will always have Lake Erie

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Interstate said:

I just think it is funny how people get so bent out of shape if a  person or two outside imaginary drawn boundaries post in our forum.  They are acting like they are breaking into their house or something.  I mean with mappy's reasoning about Shrewsbury, someone up in Cecil Co... would be in the same boat as someone in southern Chester Co.

IDGAF if someone outside of our sub posts in the discussion threads, as long as it is respectful and value adding. Ralph comes to mind. When it comes to obs threads, if I want to know how much snow fell in Altoona PA, I know where to go to find that info.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, H2O said:

Who is bent out of shape?  Telling someone to go to their own forum isn't a problem.  Thats what has to be done by staff because there are places for them to post.  

In all seriousness, this is true.  Mappy's not wrong.  We did the subforums because the huge forum was such an unwieldy mess.   Sure, there's  a case to be made for PHL being Mid Atlantic, but there are plenty of times we get the ol' screw and Philly is getting destroyed.   It'll be just as contentious as when we had one big forum.  I don't care about pics as long as it's not trolling or rubbing it in.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, stormtracker said:

:yikes:.  You know I liked it, but it is much for this fine G rated forum.

I’m trying to remember what triggered that blowout fight amongst you, Matt, and maybe Ian was involved too, that resulted in you posting very NSFW pics. IIRC, meanwhile, Wes just calmly minded his own business and continued posting about the weather. Fun times! :) 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, stormtracker said:

In all seriousness, this is true.  Mappy's not wrong.  We did the subforums because the huge forum was such an unwieldy mess.   Sure, there's  a case to be made for PHL being Mid Atlantic, but there are plenty of times we get the ol' screw and Philly is getting destroyed.   It'll be just as contentious as when we had one big forum.  I don't care about pics as long as it's not trolling or rubbing it in.  

Agreed... but we get the ole screw job in our subforum just as much. It usually depends on what side of the fall line you are on.

Just now, gymengineer said:

I’m trying to remember what triggered that blowout fight amongst you, Matt, and maybe Ian was involved too, that resulted in you posting very NSFW pics. IIRC, meanwhile, Wes just calmly minded his own business and continued posting about the weather. Fun times! :) 

I've matured since then.  Very little, but I have.  We used to have some wild ass fights that put today's battles to shame.  I had a very short fuse and fought dirty.  Now it's mostly meh and not about drawing blood.   Everybody today is going to relax and calm down.  It'll be fine. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TSG said:

The problem is when a moderator says outside of subforum obs are fine to post when they're near her backyard, but any others aren't

We could go round and round on this and argue over the quality of the posts someone just over the M/D can make here and not have any issues.  Odds are the person just over the PA line is more covered by LWX than whatever NWS office is just to the N.  

The mentality of embracing ANYONE out of the area raises problems.  I guess people forget HOW MUCH FOR CARBONDALE.  

• Like 1

Just now, H2O said:

We could go round and round on this and argue over the quality of the posts someone just over the M/D can make here and not have any issues.  Odds are the person just over the PA line is more covered by LWX than whatever NWS office is just to the N.  

The mentality of embracing ANYONE out of the area raises problems.  I guess people forget HOW MUCH FOR CARBONDALE.  

that dude was a gem.

• Like 1

Just now, H2O said:

The guy lives like a 5 min drive from our subforum's borders. This is not a case of LET EVERYONE IN. Y'all need to chill the f out

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can deal with the posters from WVa and way out west and hell even the peeps down near Va Tech and Hampton Roads.  Shit the people down in RIC and Tidewater are my bros.  We share a lot more in common than I do with clowns above the PA line.  Even C'ville scores more than me a lot of time.  Why?  Cause i live in the WORST location for snow.  Yes, even worse than Ji.  

When Norfolk flips to rain I know I will too and I'm fricken 100 miles north of them.  We cry when PSU screams fringed because we know deep down the storm will tuck like Silence of the Lambs and I'll go hours of snizzle, sleet or just plain fucking rain.  

BUT they are my bros cause VA, MD, WVa are tight.  I'll fight like hell for them.  Even DE too to an extent.  Begrudgingly.  Might have second thoughts on that one.  But anyways.   I don't want or need some clown from just outside PHL posting their obs cause well PHL isn't a good city(sports wise).  They fucking threw snowballs at Santa.  And you want them posting here?  

Their weather is just different and they have a forum.  Post there.  I don't post in NYC or NC/SC or OV(shudder) because its called their climate is different.  Its up to the posters up in that area to make their forum lively.  Let me deal with Ji and not a CARBONDALE type

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic