• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Let’s talk weather!

Steve

GFS is on it's own with that solution. I've seen a few meteorologists say that they think it's possible for a gfs solutions where the ULL closes off early and south, but we will have to wait and see. I'm still intrigued with every model really hammering down lower snow totals in the Scioto Valley. I know how valleys can funnel warm air and create a precip shadow, but it seems a bit overdone.

9 minutes ago, buckeye said:

well all that's left is to fire up the radar and the meso models, kick back a few and make sure I'm up at 2am to watch this front come thru.   Media is calling this a "once in a generation weather front"....may it live up to the hype and bring us more surprise then disappointment :drunk:

Would have been cool to see this happen during the daylight hours.

55 minutes ago, buckeye said:

well all that's left is to fire up the radar and the meso models, kick back a few and make sure I'm up at 2am to watch this front come thru.   Media is calling this a "once in a generation weather front"....may it live up to the hype and bring us more surprise then disappointment :drunk:

Still will never beat December 14-15, 1901. Went from 65 to -4. 

Slowing down the precip shield would be awesome..... GFS has been on the higher side all along...not sure why, I haven't dug into the QPF differences given our history of swing and miss....really have like the trends over the last 2.5 days..... Down here (SE Cincy) 9-1AM hour should be a sight to see....hoping to get into those snow squall warnings with howling wind!!!  What do you think... 3" minimum for the constant snow globe for the next 2-3 days? 2" seems like it might break apart and leave a lot of bare spots with the wind.....

I am calling 4-6.....I bet we see a 5-8 stripe from Lawrenceburg NNE through Oxford and Greenville / Versailles (CoachLB!!!)

Holiday Greetings

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

:weenie:I went out a little earlier, it's a steady heavy mist/drizzle, low clouds, dismal and in the 40's.   Kinda reminds me of that benign afternoon of Wednesday January 25th, 1978.  :weenie:

In all seriousness I do think we are looking a little better here in central OH.  It seems there's been a slight trend east with everything and I've seen some short model runs that give us more precip then places west.   Not saying it's going to be heavy snow but I think we have a better shot of 3" + then it looked like yesterday.

• Like 2
  • Weenie 2

13 minutes ago, buckeye said:

:weenie:I went out a little earlier, it's a steady heavy mist/drizzle, low clouds, dismal and in the 40's.   Kinda reminds me of that benign afternoon of Wednesday January 25th, 1978.  :weenie:

In all seriousness I do think we are looking a little better here in central OH.  It seems there's been a slight trend east with everything and I've seen some short model runs that give us more precip then places west.   Not saying it's going to be heavy snow but I think we have a better shot of 3" + then it looked like yesterday.

Yeah, the roads are wetter than I expected. If the cold air really does rocket in here, the roads will be a block of ice as snow gets going.

8 minutes ago, dilly84 said:

Be impossible to measure accurately regardless. Just a gut feeling it's gonna be bigger than people expect. If you know me from the years here, I'm usually pessimistic. I just have a gut feeling with this one. 

I think you can be optimistic too! Last year’s sleet fest storm for example. You were like no way we don’t get more snow than what the models are showing. But I agree, none of us are gonna be able to measure accurately. Let’s just enjoy the show (what we can with it being dark)! I am planning on staying up as late as my body lets me. I already had planned the day off tomorrow. 

My SREF plumes

18 minutes ago, dilly84 said:

SREF plumes for my area showing a mean of 6" now. Hopefully that'd be enough that the wind doesn't leave the yards bare. 1 or 2" I don't think we'd really have a white christmas

Screenshot_20221222_165442_Chrome.jpg

was at 2 inches… now at 5!

• Like 1
  • Weenie 2