• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
The 2022 Summer Solstice-ish Scorcher(s)

Hoosier

1 hour ago, TheClimateChanger said:

As of the 5 pm climate report, it appears to have stalled out at 99F. Interestingly, there was a 38F diurnal range (99F/61F). There was also a 38F diurnal range on June 21, 1988, when it hit 100F. Unusual to see a below normal low temperature on a day when the high is approaching 100 degrees.

Update… late day highs at Toledo and Cleveland. Toledo did reach 100, tying the record from 1988. Cleveland reached 95, matching the record set in 1941.

Very similar spread to 1988 at Toledo. 100/61 today versus 100/62 on 6/22/1988. Tied the earliest 100+ reading at Toledo, and the low was one degree below normal for the date.

One noticeable thing today was the dewpoint pooling ahead of the front.  Unlike the past couple days, dews continued to creep up at ORD through the afternoon instead of flatlining/lowering.  But MKE/RFD had dews around 70 and both still managed to tag 100.  As far as June precip, RFD has been relatively dry this month, but MKE hasn't.

Sometimes it's hard to come up with an explanation for why one place hits 99 and another hits 100.  :arrowhead:

I believe my biggest single error was 2 degrees at MDW for today.  Then a 1 degree error at ORD today and 1 degree error at MDW yesterday.  All errors were warm biased, meaning I was too warm.  Considering I put this out on Saturday, I'll take it.  Certainly wish ORD would've made it to 100.

Chicago Storm was too cool across the board.  So basically, a blend of us would've worked out great lol    

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

One noticeable thing today was the dewpoint pooling ahead of the front.  Unlike the past couple days, dews continued to creep up at ORD through the afternoon instead of flatlining/lowering.  But MKE/RFD had dews around 70 and both still managed to tag 100.  As far as June precip, RFD has been relatively dry this month, but MKE hasn't.

Sometimes it's hard to come up with an explanation for why one place hits 99 and another hits 100.  :arrowhead:

Because the sensor at ORD is garbage

35 minutes ago, Guest said:

No question the guy doing the temp. reading at ORD blue balled us today. Investigate!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

if you used Celsius like the rest of the world the difference wouldn’t sting as much  

• Like 1

Izzi made mention of it last night, but most model 2m temp progs performed terribly in Chi metro.  The Euro and HRRR were better, but still some cool bias.  Even though temps will cool down, I wonder if this tendency will continue in the coming days.

Right which banned poster are you?
Just a gag my friend. Just some good old ribbing over temperatures on a great summer day.And no one should ever be banned. And I never was as I look to engage peridically and have fun. The defensive posture is a bummer. Get out and enjoy summer. It's a beautiful world. Oh, and the chafing between my butt cheeks screamed 100!

It seems I hit pay dirt with my question.
You mean exposed yourself for not knowing how to engage casually in a topical forum on weather. I'll get the convo back on topic. How were the temps over in Michigan (beautiful state) today? Really wasn't too much banter on that today.

96 tied the record
Gorgeous, I bet. Just such a lovely state. Do a bi- annual trip up to harbor springs and a number of trips to Boyne in winter. Good scenery, good food, good folk. Even on a day like today guessing those areas enjoyed a much more comfortable temp. Good chatting with you.

With today's official high of 99 for Chicago, I took a look at the horrid history of being 99'd

Barbara_Feldon_Get_Smart_1966.jpg

Today was the 48th time that it has happened, and the first time since 2012.  The most times that it happened in one year was 4 in 1955.  It's just the 6th time that it has occurred in June, with the last June occurrence being in 1987.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Guest said:

You mean exposed yourself for not knowing how to engage casually in a topical forum on weather. I'll get the convo back on topic. How were the temps over in Michigan (beautiful state) today? Really wasn't too much banter on that today.

95 officially at GRR and 94 at my house.  If was very windy yesterday and as frostfern already pointed out, it was much less humid yesterday than last week when it was hot out.