• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Spring 2022

8 minutes ago, Streak said:

I'm affected similarly by the weather and I've noticed for the past month or so that I'm often about 5 or so degrees warmer than you. Not a huge difference, but that 5 degrees is usually enough to tip the scales toward making it a "good" day for me, especially if there's lots of sun and minimal wind. 50 and overcast feels a lot different than 55 and sunny. And I live on a hill now. When I lived along the edge of the city, as a general rule you could add an extra degree or two to the daily high.

For reference, Training (approximately 8 miles east of me) is usually around the same temp or a bit warmer than me, regardless of season, and you and Bubbler (approx 50 m w/sw) are usually around 5 (or more) degrees colder. Mahantango is usually colder during the fall and winter, but hotter during the summer.

If moving to the deep south or southwest isn't an option, maybe a much shorter move to York or Lancaster would be enough to make a difference...

The wife won't move so I'm stuck unless I want a divorce. Add in my mom's health and the fact that I feel I should be out there (AZ) where she lives to help her out doesn't help any. 

And even with that, my wife will not move out there, even to help her mother in law. So I'm kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place and not doing well right now. 

• Sad 3

23 minutes ago, Streak said:

I'm affected similarly by the weather and I've noticed for the past month or so that I'm often about 5 or so degrees warmer than you. Not a huge difference, but that 5 degrees is usually enough to tip the scales toward making it a "good" day for me, especially if there's lots of sun and minimal wind. 50 and overcast feels a lot different than 55 and sunny. And I live on a hill now. When I lived along the edge of the city, as a general rule you could add an extra degree or two to the daily high.

For reference, Training (approximately 8 miles east of me) is usually around the same temp or a bit warmer than me, regardless of season, and you and Bubbler (approx 50 m w/sw) are usually around 5 (or more) degrees colder. Mahantango is usually colder during the fall and winter, but hotter during the summer.

If moving to the deep south or southwest isn't an option, maybe a much shorter move to York or Lancaster would be enough to make a difference...

This is really good stuff and I read it a couple of times to ponder what you're saying. This is the time of year when sensible weather really can and does vary even just across the LSV and immediate adjacent areas. For example, a few Saturdays ago @Bubbler86was getting snow squalls with temps in the 30s while I was partly sunny and 50. That IS a big difference, and I'm sure there were those in Franklin county that had a much different perspective of how the weather was that day compared to those of us farther east. And that kind of difference is probably most often played out in late March and April - once you get into May, warmth tends to become more uniform in our area unless an east wind knocks our area down in temps. 

Your overall observations of temps for those that you mentioned, yes I'd completely agree with you...very accurate assessment. 

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

"Make something happen in your Life" :  Net player frustrated in Big Ben East not taking the court -> Simmons 

Who said it? I can't find anything online. I was pissed last night watching the play-in game...Simmons sitting there in optic green, obviously wanting to stick out and be noticed.

Meh...get your a** out on the floor dude. 

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

Who said it? I can't find anything online. I was pissed last night watching the play-in game...Simmons sitting there in optic green, obviously wanting to stick out and be noticed.

He is done, doesn't want to play all we hear is excuses why he is not playing.

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

That is the mystery, cannot find who said it.  They also said Simmons has his swagger back and is walking around like Michael Jordan. 

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Swagger? LOL, he's the last player in the Association that should be displaying swagger. WTF. 

https://thesportsrush.com/nba-news-ben-simmons-is-walking-around-practice-like-hes-michael-jordan-nba-insider-reveals-that-nets-star-has-a-goat-like-swagger-about-him-ahead-of-potential-return/

• Haha 1