• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
RadarScope

I don't own an iPhone or any Apple product (Yet). However I have been able to play with RadarScope on a buddies phone and it is super sweet. I'm sure there a few draw backs, but for a chaser, or anyone on the move, it is a great platform/app to monitor conditions. There is also a great Hurricane App that I have tweeted about (I can't remember the exact name attm). Those tow will be my first app purchases when I go with an iPad (or iPhone).

<br />I don't own an iPhone or any Apple product (Yet). However I have been able to play with RadarScope on a buddies phone and it is super sweet. I'm sure there a few draw backs, but for a chaser, or anyone on the move, it is a great platform/app to monitor conditions. There is also a great Hurricane App that I have tweeted about (I can't remember the exact name attm). Those tow will be my first app purchases when I go with an iPad (or iPhone).<br />

Radarscope is off the hook good for IPAD, Hurricane HD is awesome

Also dying for something good on Android. For now, I'm using i.wund.com - radar isn't terrible on that.

Any recommendations for something similar on the Android platform?

Yeah I have that as one of my bookmarks. I also use radarnow. Its not the greatest but it is a pretty quick look at the radar. IMAP weather is ok too but it does have a slow load time.

Does anyone know if this beauty is going to made for android?

Any recommendations for something similar on the Android platform?

From what I've heard, not anytime soon. I know a few people asked the developers at their booth at the National Weather Festival a couple weeks ago, and apparently they expressed little interest in taking on the task of porting it.

There's a storm chaser from Illinois, Mike Brady, who's working on developing a L3 radar app. It's currently in beta, and you can find it in the market as "Storm Chaser Radar." Feels buggy and looks pretty rough at the moment, but I'm hopeful it will evolve into something that's at least better than the current Android offerings. Unfortunately, it uses the sluggish Google Maps interface instead of a dedicated GIS display system. I'm not sure it's really suitable for chasing because of this, but if they can work the bugs out, it's probably good enough for peeking at radar while you're about town on 3G or wi-fi.

Love Android, hate Apple, but I have to admit the iSheep have got it made when it comes to weather apps at the moment. :gun_bandana:

From what I've heard, not anytime soon. I know a few people asked the developers at their booth at the National Weather Festival a couple weeks ago, and apparently they expressed little interest in taking on the task of porting it.

There's a storm chaser from Illinois, Mike Brady, who's working on developing a L3 radar app. It's currently in beta, and you can find it in the market as "Storm Chaser Radar." Feels buggy and looks pretty rough at the moment, but I'm hopeful it will evolve into something that's at least better than the current Android offerings. Unfortunately, it uses the sluggish Google Maps interface instead of a dedicated GIS display system. I'm not sure it's really suitable for chasing because of this, but if they can work the bugs out, it's probably good enough for peeking at radar while you're about town on 3G or wi-fi.

Love Android, hate Apple, but I have to admit the iSheep have got it made when it comes to weather apps at the moment. :gun_bandana:

The good news is many of the newer Androids support being a WiFi hotspot so you can get an iPod touch and enjoy the best of both worlds.

I've created some radar views using Google Maps and direct feeds from the NWS. They work on both the iPhone and Andriods (which I use). While it's not a native app and simply a web page, it works great, gives you street level views if you want, and if you get lost, you have a map! You can see some of them here: http://www.daculaweather.com/mainmobile.php

The big radar pages are under the Radar menu link on my site.

I got a little slack about creating more but if you have a city or area you'd like to see, let me know and I'll make one for you. I can also make them any size if you need one larger.

Some of these views load multiple radar sites like my large radar pages. I have a few regions where I'll load as many as 25 radar sites to cover the area.

I downloaded the weatherscope app for my iPad last night. Pretty solid. I also have a weathertap account. Is there a national or regional composite on the weatherscope app? I couldnt find it. If not, seems like the weathertap composite maps (national or regional or state) run through the web concurrently with weatherscope individual 88D's is the way to go.

I downloaded the weatherscope app for my iPad last night. Pretty solid. I also have a weathertap account. Is there a national or regional composite on the weatherscope app? I couldnt find it. If not, seems like the weathertap composite maps (national or regional or state) run through the web concurrently with weatherscope individual 88D's is the way to go.

No national/regional maps. quickly switching by using scan mode works well though. Zoomed out to region or country quick clicks on 880 sites.

I've seen the app on my friend's phone, and the first time I saw it I was blown away. The money for it is well worth it. I unfortunately have a Droid, and the radar applications for android are pretty pathetic. I also use RadarNow and like someone else said, it's good for a first glance. Other than that though, it's not very good. With the amount of people who use Android nowadays, not having a premium weather radar application is unacceptable. I really hope this changes soon.

Archived