• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
RadarScope

• 2 months later...

Sorry to bump an old thread, but does this app support super-res level II data from the Iowa State and Texas A&M servers? I know it supports AllisonHouse, but I'm really not keen on paying $25/mo for radar (though a one-time payment of $10 is pretty cheap for level II). Also, do you know whether they will implement the new dual-polarization anytime soon? For the future, mosaics would also be good, though that is not a total necessity (RadarScope supposedly has a killer interface that gives the feel of a mosaic without an actual mosaic... at least the video tutorial makes it seem that way)

I don't think it does, but it has the higher resolution "enhanced reflectivity." Unless that is Level 2... :unsure: It's available on their own free servers so I can't imagine it is. Still very good quality.

No, that's not what I mean. Level 2 has fewer variables but 8 times the spatial resolution of enhanced level 3.

Yeah I know, so I'm assuming it doesn't have level 2 support right now. But it's still fairly high resolution.

It does have it from allisonhouse, but like I said I don't want to pay $25/mo for data I can get for free (albeit with lower availability). I'm wondering about the two sources I mentioned earlier.

I recently bought it for my ipod touch a few weeks ago. I think it is amazing, the best weather radar app for mobile devices! I can't wait for the summer to see what severe storms look like on it!:thumbsup: For those who have RadarScope, what do you think of it?

Fantastic on the iPhone 4. Must be even better on the iPad.

Echo thoughts of everyone here... great app... The storm tracking ability with your location is really what puts its above anything else I've used. Its basically perfect for storm chasing. iPhone is great, but the iPad really makes it shine with the extra screen real-estate. I hope they are working for mosaics as well.

It does have it from allisonhouse, but like I said I don't want to pay $25/mo for data I can get for free (albeit with lower availability). I'm wondering about the two sources I mentioned earlier.

I'm using the AH data feed on it right now, but I'm only signed up for level 3 data. Still, I'm pretty sure it doesn't have a way to ingest level 2 data right now from anywhere, but I may be wrong... :unsure:

I'm using the AH data feed on it right now, but I'm only signed up for level 3 data. Still, I'm pretty sure it doesn't have a way to ingest level 2 data right now from anywhere, but I may be wrong... :unsure:

Oops. Should have looked at the home page which clearly says "Level 3".

• 2 weeks later...

I recently saw a screenshot from the app which used a different color scheme than the default. How do you change that? As far as I know, there's no setting to change it in the app.

If you have the updated version, click on the "Base Reflectivity Tilt 1" and scroll up to the "Enhanced Reflectivity Tilt 1" option.

That one 'small' change makes a huge difference, and I like the App even better with it!

Archived