Total Members
    Most Online
    Jdhuffmanhws
    Newest Member
    Jdhuffmanhws
Upstate/Eastern New York-Springtime?

8 hours ago, cny rider said:

The temp has been slowly falling here.

Now down to 37F and wet flakes are mixing in with the rain.

April!:thumbsdown:

Terrible morning here. Rain all morning, except when it turned to snow. Afternoon was better, but still a couple passing showers. One with either hail or graupel bouncing. 

36 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Models trying to show that bit of a WNW flow:

image.thumb.png.776a3d17de532be2935f793ccac0bcba.png

image.thumb.png.168d9479d9df08a2b2b82bb8b5c35997.png

image.thumb.png.ccfcaad7103fd2ee6e15f6b399416141.png

NWS buffalo going with around 1/4-1/2".. Guidance has the lake plain 34°-35° Sunday morning so we could see some flakes flying but doubtful much accumulates..

StormTotalSnowWeb (72).jpg

26 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

NWS buffalo going with around 1/4-1/2".. Guidance has the lake plain 34°-35° Sunday morning so we could see some flakes flying but doubtful much accumulates..

StormTotalSnowWeb (72).jpg

Yeah, probably a slushy coating. BGM map has nothing for pretty much anybody below 1,000 feet.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Blue Moon said:

I commend you for wishing for an April snowstorm. You're a true snow junkie!

Lol. Indeed! I actually lived in the snowbelt of Ontario, Canada for two winters. The people there were dumbfounded when, after a brutal winter, I was still happily shoveling snow during a snowstorm at the end of April. Hah!

• Like 1

Is April really a spring month here?  You could make a case for it being a winter month. Mild temps are generally in advance of a cold front and last a couple days or less, base weather is cloudy/damp/cool to cold/occasional snow showers.  So Jan through April = winter; May and June = spring; July through Sept = summer; Oct = fall; Nov and Dec = winter. That’s 6 months of winter. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Buffalo Bumble said:

Is April really a spring month here?  You could make a case for it being a winter month. Mild temps are generally in advance of a cold front and last a couple days or less, base weather is cloudy/damp/cool to cold/occasional snow showers.  So Jan through April = winter; May and June = spring; July through Sept = summer; Oct = fall; Nov and Dec = winter. That’s 6 months of winter. 

I disagree. In my opinion, it has become more like this:

November through April = November

May = Spring

June through first half of October = Summer

2nd half of October = Fall :(

• Haha 3

45 minutes ago, Buffalo Bumble said:

That seems accurate. I don't have much perspective of this climate yet. I'm used to this seasonal schedule:

Late Dec - Late Feb: winter*

Late Feb/early Mar to mid May: spring

Mid May - early Oct: summer

Early Oct - Late Dec: fall*

*Note: restrictions may apply. While rare, some side effects could include tornado outbreaks and temperatures in the 80s. If you're a snow lover, consult with your doctor first.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CNY_WX said:

There were a few snow showers here a couple of hours ago. It’s already transitioned to rain. LEK, what’s your elevation in Cazenovia?

Really? No rain here. Occasional heavy snow showers and then it brightens up a bit.

2 hours ago, TugHillMatt said:

Lol. Indeed! I actually lived in the snowbelt of Ontario, Canada for two winters. The people there were dumbfounded when, after a brutal winter, I was still happily shoveling snow during a snowstorm at the end of April. Hah!

I always get asked, “You must love to ski”, which I now answer, “I do but it has nothing to do with it. I just love snow”

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

I always get asked, “You must love to ski”, which I now answer, “I do but it has nothing to do with it. I just love snow”

That's how my conversations go as well..They usually end with the other person calling me crazy. Haha

• Haha 1

I’ve been thinking we’ve had a long stretch of weekends with mostly bad weather. So I checked…Every weekend since December 1st has had at least one day with precip. Doesn’t mean every weekend has been a washout or snowy but not a single Sat/Sun with no precip since 12/1. Didn’t look back farther than that…It’s our climo I guess. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, rochesterdave said:

I finally agree with you. It’s generally too late for anything interesting and I’m tired of mud. That being said, it would be lovely to get some 60’s instead of the traditional slam into 88 and humid. 

Traitor.

image.jpeg.a6aabae1d2b29e3b8883a35447837f85.jpeg