• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Potential 1/28-1/30 2022 winter storm

6 minutes ago, PantherJustin said:

Ik it’s a Tuesday at 220PM but it’s always telling when you look at the forum and no one has said anything in 45 min and we’re 4 days out …. :arrowhead:

It's been a long couple of days since that absolutely bonkers GFS run. Always disappointing when a high ceiling event falls through, even knowing how unlikely a high impact event was in reality

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, olafminesaw said:

It's been a long couple of days since that absolutely bonkers GFS run. Always disappointing when a high ceiling event falls through, even knowing how unlikely a high impact event was in reality

Honestly I’d be very happy with a 1-3” event to cap off this pattern. Would get many near climo for the season with February and March to go

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, NorthHillsWx said:

Honestly I’d be very happy with a 1-3” event to cap off this pattern. Would get many near climo for the season with February and March to go

Me too. I just know that one day, it'll be "the big one". It's kinda my Moby Dick. When I was a kid DC seemed to rarely get more than 6" or so of snow. Then magical 09-10 hit when I was in middle school. I had no idea 2-3 feet of snow was possible, let alone two storms of that magnitude in a single winter. It was like being transported to another planet, and ever since, I've craved that same feeling to happen again

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, olafminesaw said:

Me too. I just know that one day, it'll be "the big one". It's kinda my Moby Dick. When I was a kid DC seemed to rarely get more than 6" or so of snow. Then magical 09-10 hit when I was in middle school. I had no idea 2-3 feet of snow was possible, let alone two storms of that magnitude in a single winter. It was like being transported to another planet, and ever since, I've craved that same feeling to happen again

I wish I knew the number of 6”+ storms in my lifetime in Raleigh but I can tell you it’s not that many since 1989

24 minutes ago, NorthHillsWx said:

If we could get 1-3” that would put me at 7-9” for Season and I’ve had snow on the ground (in spots) for 9 straight days now so I guess I really couldn’t complain…. Hell before 2 weeks ago my ground hadn’t been covered since Dec 2018  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, olafminesaw said:

Then DC area got 32" in 2016. That's when I captured my white whale. It's also when I realized anything over 18" is too much.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, olafminesaw said:

Same! I lived in New Jersey, right outside of Philadelphia in 09-10. It. Was. Incredible!! Most snow I've ever seen. I think I remember getting 27" in the December 09 storm, and then another 23" or so in Feb 2010. Been chasing that high ever since hahaha

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, PantherJustin said:

Aren’t we all to the point now where the 84hr NAM will slap us in the mouth with some unrealistic Scenario ? Atleast we have that to look forward to…. :blink:

That model also showed 200 mile shifts in a matter of 2 runs last week I believe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• jburns unpinned this topic