• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

Oh I must have the wrong guy - the guy I have just has a snow tweet on the 6th. 
His bio says he's "Managing Partner/Co-Founder Black Label Luxury Real Estate / Keller Williams Company/ Douglas Elliman NYC / New Jersey Licensed/Specializing in Pro athletes" which sounds made up so what the hell do I know.

John Bolaris is infamous for a different reason.

2 minutes ago, canderson said:

Oh I must have the wrong guy - the guy I have just has a snow tweet on the 6th. 

His bio says he's "Managing Partner/Co-Founder Black Label Luxury Real Estate / Keller Williams Company/ Douglas Elliman NYC / New Jersey Licensed/Specializing in Pro athletes" which sounds made up so what the hell do I know.

LOL.   Here is the header.  I tried to post the link but it dropped the whole tweet chain on the page so I deleted.

image.png.6a02edde57bd65b0c11167674bebf1d3.png

Bastardi is nothing more than a lunkhead with right-wing media credentials. Dude has more juice in him than a Tropicana truck and when he's not battling Bill Nye the Science Guy on carbon emissions from the perspective of cow flatulence, he's suggesting that Tom Hanks has abducted all the kids of the world and is holding them hostage on Mt. Athos in Greece because it's the one place on earth where women can't go. 

"Your father doesn't want to find you, Timmy, now run along and service Abbott Dimitriokos."

The fact that he even is looked at seriously by anybody is amazing. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, anotherman said:

I've heard about this! Oh man, Showtime should make a movie about this character. From that story ... "costly encounters with the Eastern European scam artists who drugged him in Miami Beach "

13 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

I have truly wondered this. I feel like they’ve disappeared the last 5-10 years. Does this have something to do with climate change?

We need a sustained longwave pattern that looks sorta like below to get clippers.  If you've watched 500mb pattern for last few years, we've not had sustained looks, only transient windows for them to occur.  Also they are not very predicable and often pop up due to fast flow in NS.  

gfs-ens_z500a_namer_12.png

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Bastardi is nothing more than a lunkhead with right-wing media credentials. Dude has more juice in him than a Tropicana truck and when he's not battling Bill Nye the Science Guy on carbon emissions from the perspective of cow flatulence, he's suggesting that Tom Hanks has abducted all the kids of the world and is holding them hostage on Mt. Athos in Greece because it's the one place on earth where women can't go. 

"Your father doesn't want to find you, Timmy, now run along and service Abbott Dimitriokos."

The fact that he even is looked at seriously by anybody is amazing. 

Haha c'mon man.  I don't know about all that stuff, but I do know I was at a work conference a few years back and he was giving a presentation on historical storms.  Maybe 50-100 people and afterwards everyone was raving about him.  Extremely knowledgeable and had an infectious goofiness about him, really had the room wrapped around his finger.  People are complicated and I hesitate to pigeon-hole them.  Again, I don't know much about his other dealings but I do know that on that day plenty of people took him seriously. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I disagree.  Yes he's clown-ish, but the guy understands large scale patterns as well as anyone out there and his knowledge of historical storms is unmatched.  Now, does he come from a place of bias and operate with an agenda at times?  Of course, but so do most out there.  The difference is JB is open about his.  Perhaps too open haha.  But I'll take someone like that any day over someone who attempts to appear impartial while harboring deep bias.  Just my opinion, and to be clear I have no great affinity for the guy.

x2

I dont defend his pie hole...but I do defend his abilities.  Sure he's gone off the rails a bit, but that doesn't take away his ability to sniff out a LR pattern.  I'e learned alot from watching/listening to his "long ranger" over the years.  So informative.  Moreover...at least when he's wrong, he admits it and doesn't try to do side show antics to skirt it (like many do).  He eats it...straight up (well he used to when I followed him).  That dude knows more than any 10 of us in here, and yet takes shots from people that can barely read a weather map (and understand).  Keyboard warriors like that really irk me. 

Do I follow him much anymore....no.  I quit weatherbell a few years ago, but I respect his abilities regarding weather.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Isn’t there a thing with ZR where the accretion is almost always less than the QPF for some reason or another?

I don't know if there's a "thing" but I do know it's hard to get more than .5" zr and quite rare. Growing up we always had ice storms - always - but it was rare to get over .25". But in Texas when all utilities are above ground and run through forests, that causes major power issues. 

Paducah, Kentucky, wins the award for most epic ice storms I think lol.

1) Despite never getting above 27, snowpack is down nearly 1" since this morning

2) Joe Bastardi is a lightning rod, and understandably. I don't care about his "outside of weather" stuff, I go to people I trust for all of that stuff. As for the weather, my biggest beef is his sensationalism. Every storm is a 500 year storm, for crying out loud. However...I also believe that he knows more than most in here combined. There are a lot of respected mets locally and nationally that praise him. Horst is one of 'em - Eric considers him to be about the best in the business. (he's said as much in his tweets over the years)

Bottom line - I can understand both sides of this little ditty. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

However much ice there is on Sunday, it'll be a good day to stay inside, turn up the heat (okay, not that) and watch football. It would be so fitting for Jacksonville to upset Indianapolis to set the stage for the Steelers...who will of course then lose to Baltimore anyway. 

Jacksonville beats Indianapolis and Sunday Night Football is the 2022 National Pass, Punt, and Kick contest to ensure two teams see the playoffs with a 0-0 draw. 

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

However much ice there is on Sunday, it'll be a good day to stay inside, turn up the heat (okay, not that) and watch football. It would be so fitting for Jacksonville to upset Indianapolis to set the stage for the Steelers...who will of course then lose to Baltimore anyway. 

18z Nam shows a slower onset to precip, giving our precious thermals a little more time to get scoured..and the maps down our way responded accordingly.  Was easy to see on precip panels.

namconus_ref_frzn_eus_fh45_trend.thumb.gif.207f32bcbafea707b4393b0877ace9b5.gif

16 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Montreal. And it's not even close. 

https://youtu.be/KQdn2pOOwvU

Why does everyone in that show speak English? 1 star.

Apparently parts of Maine had 3" of zr in 1998. https://www.theactivetimes.com/worst-ice-storm-us-history-1998

In Canada, 35 were killed cause this storm. Damnnnn. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/ice-storm-1998-1.4469977