Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

We do need to remember, at least down here, it hit 70 on Christmas eve just 6 years ago....and 66 12/24, 64 12/25 just last year.   So this year may be a step down.  LOL

Was just looking at data for PIT and was reminded that yesterday’s record high was 72 in 2013, which I believe was set at like 1 in the morning.

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

We do need to remember, at least down here, it hit 70 on Christmas eve just 6 years ago....and 66 12/24, 64 12/25 just last year.   So this year may be a step down.  LOL

Are you sure about those temps being from last year?  I remember observing flurries during the afternoon of Christmas day.  There's no way it was 64 unless it occurred at 12:01am and then dropped 25 degrees before noon.

1 minute ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Are you sure about those temps being from last year?  I remember observing flurries during the afternoon of Christmas day.  There's no way it was 64 unless it occurred at 12:01am and then dropped 25 degrees before noon.

The 64 at MDT just after midnight sounds accurate. I remember being worried about being screwed out of a white Christmas because of how warm it got Christmas Eve and then we got a bunch of snow in Pittsburgh on Christmas Day.

2 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Last Christmas looks like high was my 7a ob of 30.   Temp dropped during the day with teens that eve.  I did mark T of snow 

4 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Yes, it was a midnight thing for Christmas.  Christmas eve was the especially warm day.

Capture.JPG

2 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Last year I had a decent snow shower the gave a light coating Christmas afternoon as I was getting ready for Christmas dinner.

I think we did as well.  My post was mostly to point out the unlucky timing we have had for Christmas the last several years and that this year will actually not be as bad as those.   I remember there were several 70's reported Christmas eve last year (locals). 

• Like 2

Congrats northers....and by northers, I mean WAY northers.  

PAZ004>006-010>012-037-041-042-241000-
Warren-McKean-Potter-Elk-Cameron-Northern Clinton-Tioga-
Northern Lycoming-Sullivan-
454 AM EST Thu Dec 23 2021

This Hazardous Weather Outlook is for central Pennsylvania.

.DAY ONE...Today and tonight.

A several hour period of light snow will bring an accumulation of
coating to 2 inches across the Northern Mountains of Pennsylvania
tonight, with the greatest amounts likely near and to the north of
Route 6. Plan for extra travel time and use caution with slick
driving conditions expected on untreated roads.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...Friday through Wednesday.

The probability for widespread hazardous weather is low.

.SPOTTER INFORMATION STATEMENT...

Spotters are encouraged to report significant hazardous weather.
  • Thanks 1