• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

The pattern is currently not ideal, but CTP mentions snow a few times in their discussion today over this coming week.

.LONG TERM /THURSDAY THROUGH TUESDAY/...
Thursday will start dry, but a weak short-wave will bring light
snow to the western and northern tier for Thursday evening.
There will be a brief break in the precipitation before the next shortwave and PVA moves overhead and brings in the next round
of precipitation by Christmas Eve evening. Temperatures are on
the warm side, so expect mostly rain. However, some wintry mix is possible along the northern tier and at those higher elevations/cooler spots. Precipitation will hold on through most of Christmas day. Expect a wet Christmas instead of a white Christmas as this will be mostly all rain, but it is possible
for some snowflakes to mix in with the rain as the low-pressure
system moves out of the area Christmas night.

Another shortwave will bring an additional round of precipitation for Sunday afternoon and evening. This system
looks to be colder, so there will likely be snow across the northern tier, with a chance of a wintry mix across central Pennsylvania, and a rain/snow mix possible across the southern tier. The low-pressure system will move directly over the
Commonwealth, and the positioning of this system will greatly
determine precipitation type.

At this point, the beginning of next week looks rather unsettled. An upper-level trough is likely to bring another
low-pressure system to the area Monday/Tuesday. Precipitation type at this point is uncertain, but likely a rain/snow mix.

7 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

The CTP point in click for Christmas Eve for places just north of Harrisburg, such as Pillow, has snow mentioned…

Friday Night
Rain and snow likely, becoming all rain after 1am. Cloudy, with a low around 34. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

We usually end up with the rain, its places just further north of me that get the snow. But we'll see.

8 minutes ago, pawatch said:

Between my iPad and Linux on my desktop I haven’t run windows in years. Also haven’t had a virus in years.

23 degrees this morning. 

Viruses on Windows are not nearly as prevalent anymore either.  Its more about phishing like schemes and internet account management now. 

• Like 1

What a morning,  and I'm still sitting in the Jeep waiting to get going. This was my post on Facebook a while ago...

Folks in the Skook, be VERY careful this morning on the roads. 309 south of Leibys is an icy mess, and there's an accident at the 443 Lehighton cutoff. There's also a car down an embankment on 895 going to Andreas per my co-worker. I'm sitting it out with about a dozen other cars and trucks by Central Spring right now after fishtailing it all over the place in the Jeep.

• Sad 3

8 minutes ago, Voyager said:

What a morning,  and I'm still sitting in the Jeep waiting to get going. This was my post on Facebook a while ago...

Folks in the Skook, be VERY careful this morning on the roads. 309 south of Leibys is an icy mess, and there's an accident at the 443 Lehighton cutoff. There's also a car down an embankment on 895 going to Andreas per my co-worker. I'm sitting it out with about a dozen other cars and trucks by Central Spring right now after fishtailing it all over the place in the Jeep.

That sucks man.  With that said...The Skook?  How is that not Pillow worthy for ob's? 

Every year it’s the same old :mellow:

Possible storm December 8th timeline, disappears.

Then maybe Christmas...Christmas now looks like a torch,yuck.

Next thing you know now we’re into January.

When we have cold there is no moisture and when there is moisture there is no cold.

Love this place and all the posters that make this place great!

Yesterday in 1959 we had 5:5” of snow.

Everyone have a good Christmas week!

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Ice from the fog?

1 hour ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

There are many fast moving systems heading east between Christmas & New Year’s Day.

If the timing is right, we could see Winter weather from at least 1 of them.

I think it’s more likely that the temperature stays above freezing for the entire period between Christmas and New Year’s (as both the 0z Euro and GFS except for one panel depict) than that there’s any real winter weather chance to track.

But I do like where the GFS is going a day or two after the new year. Hopefully that doesn’t get wiped away at 12z.

6 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Oh, I'm not arguing with you at all. After I saw your post I went to see what CTP had for me on Saturday. They have rain overnight Friday, but just Mostly Cloudy for Christmas Day.

Nam is still dry Christmas day.  Nam did have some light freezing precip up Skook way for this AM.   The just missed blockbuster situation.