Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

13 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Nam is still dry Christmas day.  Nam did have some light freezing precip up Skook way for this AM.   The just missed blockbuster situation. 

Wasn't following the weather forecast for Philly but was surprised to see how nasty it was down there last night. Mist/drizzle was the worst type of precip to fall into freezing temps where it occurred. 

10 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

A low of 31 and some thick fog with visibilities <1/4 mile.  The fog and temp combo has created some slick black ice type spots on the roadways this morning, careful out there!

Got down to 28 here. Working from home today and have not been out but it looks completely dry from what I can see. Farmdale cutoff? (skies must have been "less cloudy" here resulting in my lower temp)

2 hours ago, Voyager said:

What a morning,  and I'm still sitting in the Jeep waiting to get going. This was my post on Facebook a while ago...

Folks in the Skook, be VERY careful this morning on the roads. 309 south of Leibys is an icy mess, and there's an accident at the 443 Lehighton cutoff. There's also a car down an embankment on 895 going to Andreas per my co-worker. I'm sitting it out with about a dozen other cars and trucks by Central Spring right now after fishtailing it all over the place in the Jeep.

Yikes! Freezing rain is scary. Is it extremely localized, or the county as a whole? My bro and sister in law live in Orwigsburg. Per Wunderground, it looks like most places in the county are in the mid 30s. Must be very low-level cold air.

10 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Yikes! Freezing rain is scary. Is it extremely localized, or the county as a whole? My bro and sister in law live in Orwigsburg. Per Wunderground, it looks like most places in the county are in the mid 30s. Must be very low-level cold air.

I believe it was, as well as a quick drop below freezing. 309 was just wet from Tamaqua south to the 443 Leiby Restaurant intersection, and from there on, it was a sheet of ice.

3 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Wait, so the Skook isn’t just the place, it’s also the residents of said place?

That is what I am trying to determine as well.    If it's not a place then we have to change our usage of it or it could have multiple usage scenarios.  Those skanks up in the skook could become those skanks with the skook. 

11 minutes ago, Voyager said:

I believe it was, as well as a quick drop below freezing. 309 was just wet from Tamaqua south to the 443 Leiby Restaurant intersection, and from there on, it was a sheet of ice.

I can picture that area well. We made many trips through there during my childhood of driving from our home in Lancaster to see family Hazleton. Leiby's was a popular stop.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

That is what I am trying to determine as well.    If it's not a place then we have to change our usage of it or it could have multiple usage scenarios.  Those skanks up in the skook could become those skanks with the skook. 

I'm not native. I was born and raised in Bethlehem, but as far as I know, Skook is a duel definition. Like, "oh, he's from the Skook", or "he's a Skook".

I just call 'em all coalcrackers...lol

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Watched some of the Eagles game last evening and there was a steady drizzle for much of the game - me thinks there was just enough moisture in areas with sub-freezing temps to create a real mess. 

I also had steady drizzle for a period last evening.  

This was a storm that I had said to watch last week.  It came notably north, but just missed.  I was thinking northern periphery might get white from it.  Oh well....another miss all the same.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yea, so to me its still an open possibility that nothing happens.  CMC also dries out after Christmas AM (LSV). 

Sounds like the idea is that the precip races through overnight and by sunrise, it's outta here. That should set the stage for a partly sunny Christmas with a high around; oh, about...52? :)  

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

All this talk about these places...Lanco isn't getting any respect. I mean, we got you an Intercourse, a Bird in Hand...

It’s only a matter of time until we choose a new place to post about for months. Maybe it’ll be one of those.