Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The last few GFS runs, including 18Z,  remind me of watching a dead animal on the road get run over time and time again.  It's 384 hours of the same SE Ridge pushing SLP's to our West and North and the while keeping the boundary close enough to us to keep us cool but not cold or warm. 

No shave until it snows.  Who’s in?   You can’t shave until HIA records 1” of snow.  

image.thumb.jpeg.84d36fcad33de4b394d2ef12fb527810.jpeg

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

The last few GFS runs, including 18Z,  remind me of watching a dead animal on the road get run over time and time again.  It's 384 hours of the same SE Ridge pushing SLP's to our West and North while keeping the boundary close enough to us to keep us cool but not cold or warm. 

300+ is at least cold-ish on the 18z. Most afternoon temps are on the edge of, or just barely into, the infamous “STUPID GREEN.”

Oh wait, we can’t count on 300+, there’s still no snow, and the 6z and 18z GFS runs are only run for shits and giggles. Carry on, fellas.

6 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

300+ is at least cold-ish on the 18z. Most afternoon temps are on the edge of, or just barely into, the infamous “STUPID GREEN.”

Oh wait, we can’t count on 300+, there’s still no snow, and the 6z and 18z GFS runs are only run for shits and giggles. Carry on, fellas.

Lol...I'm honored that it stuck with you. :P 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

The last few GFS runs, including 18Z,  remind me of watching a dead animal on the road get run over time and time again.  It's 384 hours of the same SE Ridge pushing SLP's to our West and North while keeping the boundary close enough to us to keep us cool but not cold or warm. 

Sounds encouraging thanks :D

38 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Lol...I'm honored that it stuck with you. :P 

Damn right it did, because it so accurately put into words my mental response when I see it on a map during the winter. And it’s versatile, too! Whether it’s temperature, p-type, dewpoint (though blue and the dreaded purple are stupider in that case), QPF, green is almost universally the stupid color on a weather model. I’ll be using your terminology all winter and probably every winter when I see it on a map now.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Every run has some optimism in it if you are willing to look beyond the cutters.  LOL.

49 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Damn right it did, because it so accurately put into words my mental response when I see it on a map during the winter. And it’s versatile, too! Whether it’s temperature, p-type, dewpoint (though blue and the dreaded purple are stupider in that case), QPF, green is almost universally the stupid color on a weather model. I’ll be using your terminology all winter and probably every winter when I see it on a map now.

LOL.. It even works when you look out the window in winter and ALL you see is STUPID GREEN...

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Atomixwx said:

I got snookered in earlier in the week (or last weekend) where I thought the brass ring of cold was within reach. It seems that what cold we're going to have is going to be very limited in time and potency and we're back to kicking the can. 

Y'all can hang me if I'm wrong and I'll be man enough to admit it. My non-scientific, backed-up-by-nothing but being comfortable in shorts in December feeling is that the door is shut already. 

I read in the MA forum that somebody said Joe Bastardi of all people finally cited climate change. It's finished.

I forgot to reply to this.  Your opinion is always welcome with me.  Pessimist has been the call of the day so far.   The MA forum is not too rosy right now.

8 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

@Itstrainingtime, maybe this is also old news but NHL just dumped the Olympics. 

I wish sports would dump the Olympics. The Olympics are nothing more than a corporation raping a city of it's money in the name of holding a two week dog and pony show. The city with the deepest pockets and the biggest dick wins the right to get its ass cheeks pried apart like the Jaws of Life. And for what? A two week exhibition of who can slide on their backside down a frozen water slide the fastest? 

Skinny Ike Newton wins. That dude from Georgia who slammed his head off a pillar in Torino some years ago loses. 

The World Cup of Hockey should be hockey's biggest tournament. Screw the Olympics.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

I wish sports would dump the Olympics. The Olympics are nothing more than a corporation raping a city of it's money in the name of holding a two week dog and pony show. The city with the deepest pockets and the biggest dick wins the right to get its ass cheeks pried apart like the Jaws of Life. And for what? A two week exhibition of who can slide on their backside down a frozen water slide the fastest? 

Skinny Ike Newton wins. That dude from Georgia who slammed his head off a pillar in Torino some years ago loses. 

The World Cup of Hockey should be hockey's biggest tournament. Screw the Olympics.

I do think the games were more interesting when it was all amateur. 

6 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Appears it was Vancouver and not Torino but the rest of your post is as solid as that pillar.

Shite. It's always some minor detail like "where" that sends the entire operation over the wall. 

Whatever. I'm going to get back to spending my time waiting for winter to show it's ass up by watching Don West sell parts of Dale Earnhardt on QVC. 

20 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

14 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I do think the games were more interesting when it was all amateur. 

I said the same some time ago. Never forget Lake Placid for that very reason.

38 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Shite. It's always some minor detail like "where" that sends the entire operation over the wall. 

Whatever. I'm going to get back to spending my time waiting for winter to show it's ass up by watching Don West sell parts of Dale Earnhardt on QVC. 

I read the QVC warehouse was burned to the ground last week, so that’s fitting.