• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York-Pattern Change Vs Tughill Curse?

9 minutes ago, tim123 said:

Kbuf should have atleast wwa out for all of western ny. Wind with widespread snow squalls should warrant that. But they never issue those. Also odd they don't have wind advisories for wayne ontario counties but are out east and west of those counties. Bad collaborative effort here.

I agree. WWA would have covered all aspects of this event much better. 

27 minutes ago, tim123 said:

Kbuf should have atleast wwa out for all of western ny. Wind with widespread snow squalls should warrant that. But they never issue those. Also odd they don't have wind advisories for wayne ontario counties but are out east and west of those counties. Bad collaborative effort here.

It’ll be a nuisance at most for our area. Neither wind nor snow elevates to advisory level in my mind. 
Maybe a snow squall warning if that’s still a thing. But definitely doesn’t have me excited. Different story east of the lakes

Just now, rochesterdave said:

It’ll be a nuisance at most for our area. Neither wind nor snow elevates to advisory level in my mind. 
Maybe a snow squall warning if that’s still a thing. But definitely doesn’t have me excited. Different story east of the lakes

There will be at minimum widespread blowing snow. And not a huge deal in grand scheme but will definitely have impacts across entire area.

2 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

No chance we get that here, system is weakening as it moves east.

Still this has been an interesting little system.  Was well shown on models but it’s really spinning up out of almost no where and then goes poof as quick as it appeared.  Guess it’s just letting the cold air do all the work.  Not asking for 100mph winds but how about a few claps of thundersnow.  These pulsing squall lines along the front have some power behind them.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tim123 said:

What will probally prevent big gusts is front comes thru 6 7 am with no daytime heating to mix atmosphere.

I think the front itself has more than enough energy to mix down some strong gusts right as it passes. It then looks like a little lull until you get the max pressure rises, closer to 11-1 where we might get some nice breaks of sun to help out. I’m optimistic.  

• Like 1