• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York-Pattern Change Vs Tughill Curse?

1 minute ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I mean Boston is at 10" on the year, they do kind of deserve a storm.

Albany isn't much better at around 12, but I do have a soft spot for the New Englanders.  I was born and raised in CT.  They have some brash posters over there, but overall they're a decent group.  They just take their nor'easters seriously.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Stash said:

Albany isn't much better at around 12, but I do have a soft spot for the New Englanders.  I was born and raised in CT.  They have some brash posters over there, but overall they're a decent group.  They just take their nor'easters seriously.

I posted there when I lived in SNE, for 20 years, in previous wx board lives, it went right down the sh*tter when EUS started and the rest of the world discovered the interwebs.  It's like the How Much for Philly crowd with their brains removed.  I wouldn't let my dog take a dump there now.

• Haha 1

Just now, Syrmax said:

I posted there when I lived in SNE, for 20 years, in previous wx board lives, it went right down the sh*tter when EUS started. It's like the Hiw muchnfir Philly crowd with their brains removed.  I wouldn't let my dog take a dump there now.

Wasn't Eastern where the boards split regionally before the it ended?  I remember trying to keep up with the Valentine's Day storm there, and not being able to keep up with the fustercluck main model thread.  I had the same name, but didn't post a whole heck of a lot.  For whatever reason, a few of us Upstate ENY guys post over in New England, so I jump back and forth between here and there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stash said:

Wasn't Eastern where the boards split regionally before the it ended?  I remember trying to keep up with the Valentine's Day storm there, and not being able to keep up with the fustercluck main model thread.  I had the same name, but didn't post a whole heck of a lot.  For whatever reason, a few of us Upstate ENY guys post over in New England, so I jump back and forth between here and there.

I was on eastern at conversion under different name forgot what I used but I was there for like a year I think. I mainly posted on accuweather at the time. I think it converted in Nov of 2010? I want to say we lost a few eastern NY posters and a few WNY posters. There was a very active poster from Jamestown that went MIA.

4 minutes ago, Stash said:

Whatever happened to the guy from the Albany area that used to post a lot. His name is on the tip of my tongue. I think he lived (maybe) in the Helderbergs. I think he used to post in the NE sub but I don’t think I’ve seen him in quite a while. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CNY_WX said:

Whatever happened to the guy from the Albany area that used to post a lot. His name is on the tip of my tongue. I think he lived (maybe) in the Helderbergs. I think he used to post in the NE sub but I don’t think I’ve seen him in quite a while. 

I think you're referring to Rick (Logan11).  Good guy, and he still pokes around from time to time I think.  I think he spends most of his time over at another board that a former disgruntled New England poster started a few years back.

• Like 1

Just now, Stash said:

I think you're referring to Rick (Logan11).  Good guy, and he still pokes around from time to time I think.  I think he spends most of his time over at another board that a former disgruntled New England poster started a few years back.

That’s the guy!  Like you said he seemed to be a good guy but I don’t think he really posted in this sub forum. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sferic said:

Anybody old enough to remember ne.weather on usenet?

Hells yeah. I had great fun on usenet lambasting DT with other Mets that despised him.  Along with J Bartlo (R.I.P.) from Mt. Pocono. He despised us "psests." I'm still in the ne.wx snowstorm and seasonal prediction contests. I've won both before.  It's all wanking till you have to predict and be measured. Almost noone on EUS participates, other than Don Sutherland in NYC Forum. Guy is a savant.

• Like 1

I wonder what a board like this would have been like in March 1993. Of course the number of models to analyze were far fewer than there are today. The non stop posts for the storm of last week would have been nothing compared to the lead up to the superstorm of 93. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

That’s the guy!  Like you said he seemed to be a good guy but I don’t think he really posted in this sub forum. 

Yeah, he stayed mostly in New England.  Some ENY'ers probably stay over there since we rely upon the same types of storms for much of our snow.  The NE crew are usually gracious, but I can tell some of them dread it since when they see us it means some of their southern and eastern posters are going to get mix or rain.  We're sort of stuck in-between climates out here.  We get some lake effect every year, but nothing compared to you out that way.  Our seasonal snow totals resemble those in Central New England, but we frequently find ourselves on the NW fringe of some of their big ones.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

I wonder what a board like this would have been like in March 1993. Of course the number of models to analyze were far fewer than there are today. The non stop posts for the storm of last week would have been nothing compared to the lead up to the superstorm of 93. 

How about March 2001? NVM, let's forget that one

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Hells yeah. I had great fun on usenet lambasting DT with other Mets that despised him.  Along with J Bartlo (R.I.P.) from Mt. Pocono. He despised us "psests." I'm still in the ne.wx snowstorm and seasonal prediction contests. I've won both before.  It's all wanking till you have to predict and be measured. Almost noone on EUS participates, other than Don Sutherland in NYC Forum. Guy is a savant.

I remember DT!  Whenever he lost it, he'd start flinging insults left and right, frequently misspelling them.  Remember Don too, and he was always a pleasure to read on those old boards. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sferic said:

That was one of my first weather board storms here in the greater Albany area.  We were not allowed to utter that storm's name for a long time.  I had over 2 feet just north of ALB in that one...some acted like we stole their (NYC and MA) snow.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, sferic said:

I still recall the NCEP pre storm discussion on that storm. Everyone was so pumped. Miller B late bloomer. Models sucked exhaust on that one.  Used to have it saved. What a Bust!! Actually, in SECT we ended up doing ok in the end, around 10". NYC and south...oof.  it was going to be 1996 on steroids but...no. The Gov of CT closed interstates to truck traffic early and it rained and did nothing for half that time. People were pissed. Today, everyone rolls over like slapped asses at every govt edict "to be safe". Pathetic. 

• Like 1