Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
E PA/NJ/ DE Winter 2021-22 OBS Thread

JTA66

17 minutes ago, RedSky said:

I like 1983 with the 8F 

and a boring winter followed 

Actually in Jan. 84 it hit -11 at ABE and in March there we 2 significant storms. 

I was interviewed on TV in mid-Jan when we got out early from school from a storm that only ended up leaving a couple of inches 

• Weenie 1

12 minutes ago, LVwxHistorian said:

Actually in Jan. 84 it hit -11 at ABE and in March there we 2 significant storms. 

I was interviewed on TV in mid-Jan when we got out early from school from a storm that only ended up leaving a couple of inches 

But boring none the less with < average snow and one storm of 6" in March. Back then I wanted big ones like in 83, 78 or 79 lol

It was a 2009'ish winter

13 hours ago, MJO812 said:

Based off what ?gonna be alot of Miller B storms.

I don't know.  To me it just seems like this pattern will be a tough one to change.  So many factors seem to be aligning negatively.  We had a nice La Nina last year, but this one seems more typical.  Obviously the pattern can flip, but I'm not all that thrilled.  A Miller B or two, sure, but pattern seems to be favoring cutters constantly here.

41 minutes ago, hazwoper said:

I don't know.  To me it just seems like this pattern will be a tough one to change.  So many factors seem to be aligning negatively.  We had a nice La Nina last year, but this one seems more typical.  Obviously the pattern can flip, but I'm not all that thrilled.  A Miller B or two, sure, but pattern seems to be favoring cutters constantly here.

Not sure if it will matter or how much, but the Nina appears to have peaked and is beginning it's gradual forecast weakening:

figure06.gif

43 minutes ago, hazwoper said:

Also, there are waves of warming happening in the Strat and the SPV is showing sign of being displaced and/or elongated. I dont think the 'boring' pattern will last much longer and will add that by early January we should have several tellies working in our favor (-AO,-NAO, +EPO).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RedSky said:

I embedded a twitter finally it only took 70 tries and still not sure how i did it lol

Just right click on the twitter video etc and select "copy video address" then make your written post here and at the end right click and select paste.

Looks and feels more like Oct than Dec. Cloudy/gloomy and 53F... 

• Weenie 1

2 hours ago, hazwoper said:

Biggest issue is moisture transport it's been a dry pattern for three months. Copious moisture has had us luck into snow in many a recent above normal temperature winters. 

6 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Just right click on the twitter video etc and select "copy video address" then make your written post here and at the end right click and select paste.

Looks and feels more like Oct than Dec. Cloudy/gloomy and 53F... 

Hilarious I did it but not that way 

1 hour ago, RedSky said:

ECM is 45-50F the 24th-25th 

Said back in Nov that we would get tired of mid 40s to low 50s and partly sunny stretches. So far has lived up to hype of a Nina with no real excitement or storminess. Going to need patience this year. Also said at that time that the biggest key to the winter will be the NAO phase. Some changes are coming to my outlook for JFM that I will try and post later.