Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
“Let’s Talk Winter”

Steve

25 minutes ago, iluvsnow said:

What was once ours....is yet once more matriculating to the blessed ones up north. What else is new. Maybe next winter will change up our luck. Time to pack up our whopping 3 inches of snow this winter and bring on Spring.:ee:

Don't give up hope yet. We still have a few more days of anxious hand-wringing and nervous teeth-gnashing ahead of us before the inevitable happens. And isn't that what it's really all about...? 

36 minutes ago, iluvsnow said:

What was once ours....is yet once more matriculating to the blessed ones up north. What else is new. Maybe next winter will change up our luck. Time to pack up our whopping 3 inches of snow this winter and bring on Spring.:ee:

Not sure what this is about. Most runs have continuously inched se lol.

Just now, pondo1000 said:

Yeah, trends not good. Soon the snow will be forecast to hit Minnesota.

Those people always get buried. It's our turn again, darn it! LOL

In all seriousness, the hype on FB around these parts of NE Ohio is very lopsided. The regular folks seem to be looking at local weather forecasts, and model maps like the GFS showing NE Ohio being buried.

The "EURO" people are looking at trends, etc and leaning more towards a northern solution. 

4 hours ago, WHEATCENT said:

Gfs extreme totals gone but nice and south

sn10_acc.us_ov (13).png

Seems to be a disconnect between the Pivotal snowfall maps and the Pivotal change in snow depth maps. Some areas on the southern edge are projected to have a positive snow depth change of a foot or more, but depicted to receive little if any snowfall. 

41 minutes ago, dilly84 said:

The icon model remained south of previous runs as well. It's either a trend or they're all just blips. 

I don't think it's a blip.   I'm trying to keep mby biases out of my thinking but I really believe this continues ticking southeast as the models are starting to make the northern branch quicker and stronger with the high.   We've seen this before.  Unlike an organized storm coming out of the southern states where I'd be worried about a nw last minute shift, this is essentially a pushing arctic boundary with copius overrunning moisture and no wound up low to pull up a warm tongue or phase into something stronger.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, buckeye said:

I don't think it's a blip.   I'm trying to keep mby biases out of my thinking but I really believe this continues ticking southeast as the models are starting to make the northern branch quicker and stronger with the high.   We've seen this before.  Unlike an organized storm coming out of the southern states where I'd be worried about a nw last minute shift, this is essentially a pushing arctic boundary with copius overrunning moisture and no wound up low to pull up a warm tongue or phase into something stronger.

I think you're right. The pressing high seems to be getting a little bit stronger with every run. Just hope it doesn't get too strong and miss to the south. It's gotta balance at just the right spot for us to jackpot.