Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
“Let’s Talk Winter”

Steve

On 3/7/2022 at 5:40 PM, buckeye said:

Let's see how it looks in 48 hrs.  

Well, I guess it's been 72 hrs.   Barring any last minute shift to a deeper, more negatively-tilted trough, this looks like a glorified frontal passage with advisory snow overnight Friday into Saturday.  Considering it's March.....yawn.    

4 hours ago, buckeye said:

Well, I guess it's been 72 hrs.   Barring any last minute shift to a deeper, more negatively-tilted trough, this looks like a glorified frontal passage with advisory snow overnight Friday into Saturday.  Considering it's March.....yawn.    

Yup... 

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, HighTechEE said:

Ended up at 12.5" for the whole '21-'22 season IMBY, 4" of that fell in one storm, while southern/Gulf coast states had 2ft almost 3ft in multiple big storms!  This I think is the least total in the Dayton area since we had a couple 8" seasons back in the late 90s. 

Where/when did southern states get 2+ feet (and was it outside of mountainous terrain)?

41 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Where/when did southern states get 2+ feet (and was it outside of mountainous terrain)?

I'd also like to know lol.

For the record the 13.7" officially at Dayton is the least snowy since 2016-17 when 8.5" fell.  They also had 9.5" in 2011-12 and 6.2" in 2001-02.  If no more snow falls this season, it will be the 30th least snowy Winter on record for Dayton, since 1892.

Average snowfall for DAY is around 24".  There have been 11 winters since records started in the 1890s with single digit inch season totals. The snowiest on record is 62.7" in 1977-78, and the least snowy is 3.2" in 1918-19.

23 hours ago, Hoosier said:

There were multiple heave snows from central Texas thru all the N half of the LA, MS, AL, Georga Gulf Coast states all the way to NC, KY, TN, WVA, VA all winter long.  Would have to see a snow total graphic for exact numbers, but there were at least three 1ft totals storms across this region, maybe more.

3 hours ago, HighTechEE said:

There were multiple heave snows from central Texas thru all the N half of the LA, MS, AL, Georga Gulf Coast states all the way to NC, KY, TN, WVA, VA all winter long.  Would have to see a snow total graphic for exact numbers, but there were at least three 1ft totals storms across this region, maybe more.

There were definitely an unusual number of Winter events in the South this Winter, however I still don't know where you're getting 1' let alone 2 or 3' events.

This season to date map is certainly not gospel but it's a good representation of overall snowfall.

Screenshot_20220328-182944_Samsung Internet.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...