Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Fall 2021

canderson

12 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Alabama's defense played better the second half but failed them again when it counted.   I am not even sure Alabama is one of the top 10 teams with that defense.  They just gave up 30+ points to a Backup QB.  

You've been all over that issue this season. Tonight was my first look at them and obviously, I agree. 

Right now Georgia is a clear #1. Watch out for that team from central Ohio...

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

You've been all over that issue this season. Tonight was my first look at them and obviously, I agree. 

I watched Florida go through them like doo-doo through a goose.  Alabama is still a high octane team and can win any game but they just do not look like the typical number one Alabama team.  Even to the point of them trying to win with FG's tonight.  At least GA, Iowa, PSU, Cinn, OU, should be ahead of them in my opinion.  

8 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

This pre-poll both gives Cinn the respect and puts PSU ahead of Alabama...which is a good call IMO

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/tomorrows-top-25-today-georgia-takes-over-no-1-from-alabama-in-new-college-football-rankings/

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

This pre-poll both gives Cinn the respect and puts PSU ahead of Alabama...which is a good call IMO

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/tomorrows-top-25-today-georgia-takes-over-no-1-from-alabama-in-new-college-football-rankings/

Good stuff, tough game last night but it is time to move on.

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Iowa isn't the #2 team in the country but right now I guess you have to out them there. Impressed with the way they take the ball away on defense but for most of the game their quarterback looked lost. Don't see them winning the Big Ten title against anyone coming out of PSU's division.

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Iowa isn't the #2 team in the country but right now I guess you have to out them there. Impressed with the way they take the ball away on defense but for most of the game their quarterback looked lost. Don't see them winning the Big Ten title against anyone coming out of PSU's division.

I think the only other argument you could make for #2 is Cincinnati, and we know that’s not happening.

56 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I agree that they are not overly talented but they are balanced on both sides of the ball.  So is Psu.  You can make an argument for Kentucky being top 5 as well.  I think GA is head and shoulders above everyone then anyone's opinion who is 2-10

5 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

I agree that they are not overly talented but they are balanced on both sides of the ball.  So is Psu.  You can make an argument for Kentucky being top 5 as well.  I think GA is head and shoulders above everyone then anyone's opinion who is 2-10

It is either one or two things with Iowa and PSU. 

-One, their defenses are elite and can shut down anyone in the country including Bama, OSU, Georgia, etc.

-Their offenses are just really awful.

I will be interested to see how they both progress. In all honesty I think neither PSU or Iowa are really top ten teams then again it could just be that everyone isn't great this year other than UGA. Seeing Michigan and MSU play PSU will be very interesting.

20 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

It is either one or two things with Iowa and PSU. 

-One, their defenses are elite and can shut down anyone in the country including Bama, OSU, Georgia, etc.

-Their offenses are just really awful.

I will be interested to see how they both progress. In all honesty I think neither PSU or Iowa are really top ten teams then again it could just be that everyone isn't great this year other than UGA. Seeing Michigan and MSU play PSU will be very interesting.

Penn State is missing one big element even when healthy, and that is the ability to run the football. Not being able to control the line of scrimmage against Villanova was telling. Other than that they are a very, very good team. They would have beaten Iowa in their house had Clifford not gotten hurt. 

Both teams have good defenses. Both teams MIGHT be top 10 teams but neither is playoff caliber in my opinion. 

21 minutes ago, TheDreamTraveler said:

I've lost count how many days its been cloudy like this lol

what's the sun?

I was saying this a couple of days ago and the beat goes on. How many virtually identical days can we possibly have in a row? 

At least we have summertime weather to look forward to later this week. Not. 

17 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I was saying this a couple of days ago and the beat goes on. How many virtually identical days can we possibly have in a row? 

At least we have summertime weather to look forward to later this week. Not. 

Exactly… day after day of the same weather!

I am still not upset about the above normal now. Let the pattern flip in November and then let the tracking begin!