• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Fall 2021

canderson

2PM.  64 and...you guessed it...cloudy.  Counting today, out of 12 October days over here, 7 will be below normal on the high scale (using MDT's numbers).   Only 3 below normal lows/full days with several being WAY ABOVE normal due to the lows.  Our estimated current departure from MDT's numbers are +4.8 degrees.  

11 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

2PM.  64 and...you guessed it...cloudy.  Counting today, out of 12 October days over here, 7 will be below normal on the high scale (using MDT's numbers).   Only 3 below normal lows/full days with several being WAY ABOVE normal due to the lows.  Our estimated current departure from MDT's numbers are +4.8 degrees.  

Mist here at work. Coworker living a mile from our facility has a station that is recording 61.6 right now. At home it's simply cloudy and 66. 

Remarkable that we're running such a positive departure with our highs averaging BN. Can't recall an anomaly that has been consistent for so long. 

11 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Kyrie will be in the house as well.  His first game off will be the following game, Sunday night. 

I thought about putting my tickets up for sale as this is one of a handful of games that I'd be able to exceed face value with ease. I decided I wanted to go badly enough to keep them. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

I know it’s weird, but i do too. Mid 40’s, leaves still on trees, maybe a shower or two.

I don’t know why but I love it.

I really enjoy them on occasion. Two-three times a week, no problem. Four or more consecutive days and it starts to get old. 

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Mist here at work. Coworker living a mile from our facility has a station that is recording 61.6 right now. At home it's simply cloudy and 66. 

Remarkable that we're running such a positive departure with our highs averaging BN. Can't recall an anomaly that has been consistent for so long. 

Just to clarify, the 7 out of 12 BN for highs was specific to my locale.  We had several more of these cloudy days vs. the other side of the mountains.  MDT has had 8 of the first 11 highs AN.  

• Like 1

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

If this panel is close, Friday will be a record breaker.  Like most days, the EC is warmer than most others and it usually verifies too warm so some caution with that.  EC is running several degrees too high even today. 

image.thumb.png.6a678f233eebf8bd3a52199dab23be8c.png

That's sorta what I'm expecting...something like an 82-83 degree kind of day. 

52 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I thought about putting my tickets up for sale as this is one of a handful of games that I'd be able to exceed face value with ease. I decided I wanted to go badly enough to keep them. 

Just realized that the Nets GM said Irving cannot play at all without his Covid Stab.  Home or away.   New news. 

2 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Exactly what I was afraid would happen. 0-1 below normal days, followed by 3+ above normal days.

If we can’t get out of this pattern now, no matter how many times fall is advertised, who’s to say we can in November or December? 

5 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Exactly what I was afraid would happen. 0-1 below normal days, followed by 3+ above normal days.

I am still comfortable with my call of 5-7 for the month (think that is what is was).    I frankly only look at the EC to be part of the convo here.   Both GFS and CMC have MDT BN 3-4 days over next 9.  EC was off by some 8-9 degrees here today and 3-4 degrees at MDT.   But its all model talk.  My numbers could be way too high. 

5 minutes ago, paweather said:

This is just one run. Don't give up hope.

If you go back to the 12Z run on Sunday,  it was forecasting 46 at MDT hour 240.   If you then look at the same forecast period as you move forward 12 hours, to now, it raises it one degree 3 in a row then stays at the higher temp this last run.   The EC has never really been on the band wagon of BN temps vs more seasonal than this week. 

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

If you go back to the 12Z run on Sunday it was forecasting 46 at MDT hour 240.   If you then look at the same forecast period as you move forward 12 hours, to now, it raises it one degree 3 in a row then stays at the higher temp this last run.   The EC has never really been on the band wagon of BN temps vs more seasonal than this week. 

Nor has the NWS, CPC, weather channel, etc.