• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    seodirect
    Newest Member
    seodirect

Ida's eye might be wrapping.

Even covert super-secret budgets run out of money at some point. Can't kill every storm. ;)

So many storms, so many cities. New Orleans? OK, let this one go this time.

Hope they ain't broke when the Cat 5 heads to Tampa Bay!!!!!

3 minutes ago, dseagull said:

Oh for the love of god, can someone buy this chick a bottle of wine and a nice dinner?  Maybe take her to a nice hotel room afterwards and show her a good time?  

2 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

How about her husband

how about you both cut this crap immediately? thanks.

• Like 1

Just now, wxtrix said:

how about you both cut this crap immediately? thanks.

I wasnt defending him, I was stating the obvious to point out how inappropriate a suggestion it was.

But I am also not defending you, you are annoying as f.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hotair said:

She issued the evac order today.    Dude you are toxic. I’m surprised they allow you on this board.  You should learn to disagree with the message without attacking the messenger.  

first, obviously not a dude.

second, you are mistaken and should drop this.

6 minutes ago, Hotair said:

She issued the evac order today.    Dude you are toxic. I’m surprised they allow you on this board.  You should learn to disagree with the message without attacking the messenger.  

WTH is with the misogyny on here? This is the second time today that wxtrix(with a female avatar)has been referred to as a guy("dude' and "buddy")when nearly nobody else has been referred to with any term like this. The toxic part here ain't her. 

You have 181 posts - either you have not been here long or don't post much(like me, been here 15 years)so lighten up.

*on topic banter: this storm is going to hit near where I thought, Port Fourchon, but not a as strong/won't make it to cat 5).

• Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, SnowenOutThere said:

I have always found it difficult to "root" for hurricanes unless its a fish storm but in the end it does not matter what I think/want to happen the storm does what is does anyways. This is a reason why I like rooting a lot more for snowstorms.

No one posts in fish storm threads. Ugly or not. That is the truth. Fish storms have zero value on the board. Well unless they are a 10 day out noreasters showing 40 inches for NYC . Then it is everything. 

7 minutes ago, SnowenOutThere said:

I have always found it difficult to "root" for hurricanes unless its a fish storm but in the end it does not matter what I think/want to happen the storm does what is does anyways. This is a reason why I like rooting a lot more for snowstorms.

Seriously we ALL want to see the biggest baddest storms ever. It is a sickness that makes us weather people.

But most of us are always compassionate and empathetic to victims, even in snowstorms.

So that is honest. Does that make us bad people?

No but we balance doom and survival as best we can. Yet the thrill of Nature and what it does is like a drug that we are addicted to. We can deny, but we know who we are no matter how we spin the excitement we feel when waiting for that perfect eye.

Ida is not there yet, but getting there. Almost, but not yet.

• Like 3

Go to the real Ida forum and want to comment. But the banter is better for me.

Hanging out at the "Ida Bar and Grill" is lose and fun. Although I was wondering if we need an Ida Banter-Banter thread as well. LOL

Another mission turned back during a peak time. UGH! Again!

No matter what tomorrow morning is when it's time for the really serious stuff. Even on the real thread it is still an educated stream of consciousness of opinions and ideas. Ida is real, for sure. Still not a Yucatan looking storm.

image.png.7658dfdb96875cf2ad68bcedfa2cccf1.png

1 minute ago, Tezeta said:

No plane is amazing for the board. Without in situ obs to ground our posts we can project our own fantasies more effectively. 

Gonna be last year's Eta hilarious fantasy chaos as the next plane approaches the center.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cptcatz said:

Gonna be last year's Eta hilarious fantasy chaos as the next plane approaches the center.  

Yeah. The greatest moments happen when everyone is making stuff up. Constant recon spoils the magic. 

10 minutes ago, Tezeta said:

No plane is amazing for the board. Without in situ obs to ground our posts we can project our own fantasies more effectively. 

Setting the O/U on the term “annular” being used at 3.5 hours.

7 minutes ago, cptcatz said:

One of the most hilarious moments I’ve seen on AmWx :lol: 

It is too bad recon is gone for awhile, eye going pinhole on the rapid-scan. I'm just gonna say it now: this is going to strengthen to a Cat 5 with winds of 160-180 mph tonight. Caveat is eye will collapse into an ERC at some point later, hopefully recon gets there before ERC. 

• Haha 3
  • Weenie 5

Just now, turtlehurricane said:

I'll be first to officially call that this is becoming a Cat 5 tonight, it's totally obvious with pinhole eye and solid ring of deep convection. 160-180 mph winds. Caveat is ERC is coming, so hopefully recon gets there before ERC in order to verify.

Apparently this post is too hot for main thread so I'm putting it here. 

It’s ok. prospero and I accept you on our island of misfit toys. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

37 minutes ago, Prospero said:

Go to the real Ida forum and want to comment. But the banter is better for me.

Hanging out at the "Ida Bar and Grill" is lose and fun. Although I was wondering if we need an Ida Banter-Banter thread as well. LOL

Another mission turned back during a peak time. UGH! Again!

No matter what tomorrow morning is when it's time for the really serious stuff. Even on the real thread it is still an educated stream of consciousness of opinions and ideas. Ida is real, for sure. Still not a Yucatan looking storm.

image.png.7658dfdb96875cf2ad68bcedfa2cccf1.png

There is an off topic thread for IDA also so 3 threads. Talk of shrimp people, shrimp people land, 5 day bans that are then reversed, etc.  These threads are making we want shrimp and fries.

• Haha 1

I am the weather expert in my home. My wife keeps asking me for the past couple days where Ida will hit. I tell her where "shrimp people" live.

We both are ready for shrimp as well.

Kind of a new rule for myself; Drinking beer watching a storm, stick to Banter. ;)

It's hard sometimes...