Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2021 Discussion

moneypitmike

19 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Min dews today… ORH 47F, BDL 52F, IJD 52F.

Gotta love it in that triangle.

We know ORH sensor is always 3-4 too low. Documented and known since they moved the sensor , but still low 50’s is legit today there. My low dew was 55 today and my high dew was 62. I’m drying the truck off now so there’s no water spots tomorrow on it and sweating in the somewhat dewy sun 

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

32 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

No it pounded for about 4-5 mins . It’s very dead on . Especially when I compare to all the other stations in town 

Can’t really compare other stations with summer convection. You should get a standard Gauge  to compare.

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Can’t really compare other stations with summer convection. You should get a standard Gauge  to compare.

The funny thing is I thought it was high over the winter in all the rainers. It’s always was highest in town. But this summer it’s either been within a few tenths of others within 1 mile radius or close to it. Joey is about 2 miles NE and he has more than I do MTD in a standard gauge . So it’s super accurate. There’s several Wunderground stations under a mile from me. You can check those too 

7 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I mean we could bring the heat back. 

It's just that this modeling persistence to block/shun it S, consummately correcting late mid/ext into backing NW continental flow after July's,  that has a recent multi-year precedence/repetition. That circumstantially tends to coax one into believing we're just destined to the same muted later summer.

I began noticing that trend in the summer of 2013. That year there was early heat and humidity, then lights out around mid July and the season was finished. Ever since then it seems NE (more so our favorite labradorian portion) has been struggling almost every summer to get sustained heat, and then once August hits it's over.

It's even been an unusual year out this way, the monsoon is going gangbusters. Today's been overcast and intermittent light rain and we're going to be some 30 degrees below normal for highs, only mid 70s when our typical high is around 105.

20 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

At any rate.. I fully admit 20” for the month will be difficult. It does look fairly stormy Sunday into Monday and again Wednesday into Friday next week, but to get another 4.5” inches is going to be an uphill battle.  Wil need a bunch of things to go right 

16 minutes ago, Saguaro said:

I began noticing that trend in the summer of 2013. That year there was early heat and humidity, then lights out around mid July and the season was finished. Ever since then it seems NE (more so our favorite labradorian portion) has been struggling almost every summer to get sustained heat, and then once August hits it's over.

It's even been an unusual year out this way, the monsoon is going gangbusters. Today's been overcast and intermittent light rain and we're going to be some 30 degrees below normal for highs, only mid 70s when our typical high is around 105.

In the northeast we can’t even buy a cold front until yesterday. Every summer has been AN. 

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

At any rate.. I fully admit 20” for the month will be difficult. It does look fairly stormy Sunday into Monday and again Wednesday into Friday next week, but to get another 4.5” inches is going to be an uphill battle.  Wil need a bunch of things to go right 

35 minutes ago, Saguaro said:

Ah the summer of 13 when everyone here thought I was nuts saying the big heat was over and a pattern change was coming.  I remember it fondly.  The year I started COC lingo. Men in suits today, taking epic pictures for next summers brochure. 

49 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

No way Steve watered with like 10” in July.

Yea I did .10 this week bro. Need 1 inch a week. Best you go to Steins page and learn some garden tips. 9.6 of rain doesn't stay in the top soil very long especially with low dews and 80s full sun. Learn somethings 

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Yea I did .10 this week bro. Need 1 inch a week. Best you go to Steins page and learn some garden tips. 9.6 of rain doesn't stay in the top soil very long especially with low dews and 80s full sun. Learn somethings 

Remember #Scooterknows