Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Wednesday, June 30, 2021 Severe Potential

weatherwiz

8 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

have you been through the Village today? Ch6 said there was some damage from storms yesterday

Saw pics on FB, numerous trees and some wires down.  They're right on the shore of Long Pond and that's where the straight-line wind came from.  Also crushed a car in the Lakepoint realtor office lot next to the bridge.  We got 0.02" from that storm, then a 0.08" surprise just after 8.  Was driving home from church and was in/out of showers 4-5 times in 10 miles (from the same cloud - Rt 2 offers a nice set of curves in that stretch ) including a short huge-drop burst a mile from home.

21 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

A whopping 0.09" yesterday...Stein lives on for now. In a way it is alright though, currently in the middle of having  roof/solar/gutters installed. House currently has no gutters, bad timing it looks like, inches of rain and no spouts....

Pretty nice drink two days in a row here, probably close to 2".  Yours is coming. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, wxsniss said:

Yeah nowhere close to the hail and wind damage we had almost exactly a year ago June 28 2020 

Though left a nice rainbow over the city on exit

We actually had a pretty good storm exactly 2 years ago from yesterday if I recall correctly. Late June is anecdotally a pretty "active" period for us (if you can call this active)

• Like 1

Here's my contribution from Wednesday. These images were taken on the Northampton/Hadley line off of 91N.

This particular cell had shown signs of rotation earlier in the afternoon as it crossed into MA, and as it continued unobstructed towards favorable territory near I91.

Given its structure, and presence of an inflow notch, I decided to pursue and set up south of its heading. This is looking towards its Southwestern most corner.

My internet had dropped so I didn't have access to radar or velocity profiles, but I'd be interested in seeing what it would have looked like in this timeframe on KENX, KBOX and the UMASS radar. Pictures were taken around 4:41pm.

Interesting day to say the least.

Screenshot_20210630-164130_Camera.jpg

Screenshot_20210630-164141_Camera.jpg

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, Rowdy2x said:

Here's my contribution from Wednesday. These images were taken on the Northampton/Hadley line off of 91N.

This particular cell had shown signs of rotation earlier in the afternoon as it crossed into MA, and as it continued unobstructed towards favorable territory near I91.

Given its structure, and presence of an inflow notch, I decided to pursue and set up south of its heading. This is looking towards its Southwestern most corner.

My internet had dropped so I didn't have access to radar or velocity profiles, but I'd be interested in seeing what it would have looked like in this timeframe on KENX, KBOX and the UMASS radar. Pictures were taken around 4:41pm.

Interesting day to say the least.

Screenshot_20210630-164130_Camera.jpg

Screenshot_20210630-164141_Camera.jpg

Awesome pics

This was the UMass radar a minute or two beforehand.  

507377523_Capture_2021-07-02-20-33-48_crop_23.thumb.png.73c8ee062b13f94db16fb6001dbd4e12.png

• Like 2