• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Summer 2021

1 hour ago, KPITSnow said:

I don’t know what it is like your way, but I’ve never seen haze/wildfire smoke like this. Looks like the photos of San Francisco last year.

The link on PBZ’s social media would indicate that maybe ours is a little worse than further east.

55 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Amazing sunset into the smoke.  Like the sun was going through a filter.   Pictures do not show it though so live viewing only. 

Incredible stuff. We don’t need more wildfires, but they do make beautiful sunsets.

• Like 1

NWS shows nothing for us here in Akron yesterday, but let me tell you we got "smoked" w/ about 1/2 hour of steady/heavy rain and a few rumbles thrown in for good measure.  Spitballing 1/2" based on intensity.  I think NWS is trying to cook the books to hide their infield error (baseball reference based on the last few pages).

• Haha 2

What will the day bring fellas? Sunny and 90, or sunny and 90 and 2" of rain that just magically appears? 

So is Sunday our last chance at rain for 10 days or so? looks like we cool down some but jump right back up next week

You guys are weird like me so you'll appreciate this. get dispatched for a tree and wires down yesterday. They advised the tree was across the road, took down power lines and calling party said there was a lot of bees. The tree was big enough it was completely across the road. The chief walks up and say anyone allergic to bees don't go up there. i walked up and there is copious amounts of honey pouring out of the base of the tree. and about where the yellow line in road, the tree had split there too............with copious amounts of honey oozing out. so from the base of tree, up about 10', was completely filled with honey.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

What will the day bring fellas? Sunny and 90, or sunny and 90 and 2" of rain that just magically appears? 

So is Sunday our last chance at rain for 10 days or so? looks like we cool down some but jump right back up next week

You guys are weird like me so you'll appreciate this. get dispatched for a tree and wires down yesterday. They advised the tree was across the road, took down power lines and calling party said there was a lot of bees. The tree was big enough it was completely across the road. The chief walks up and say anyone allergic to bees don't go up there. i walked up and there is copious amounts of honey pouring out of the base of the tree. and about where the yellow line in road, the tree had split there too............with copious amounts of honey oozing out. so from the base of tree, up about 10', was completely filled with honey.  

HRRR and 3K show storms popping up but making less progress into the LSV than yesterday.  I think after Sunday we go back to daily rain chances....random winners.    Some will get Canderson'd and some will not. 

Did you scoop some up?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

HRRR and 3K shown storms popping up but making less progress into the LSV than yesterday.

Did you scoop some up?

No, but i would have loved to try it. coworker is a bee keeper. i told him this morning, he said they had to be there for awhile and that was a lot of honey.

That storm was pretty odd the way it came down to us. I left work and went to do my afternoon run/walk. The sun was shinning. I got out of my truck and was stretching, facing north. i thought holy shit, it was black to my north and east. pulled up the radar and just got back in my truck. On the way home it was pouring/storming East of where i was driving and the same west of me, but i was in complete sunshine dead in the middle. i didn't hit rain until i headed east for a 1/4 mile. it was just weird. 

6 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

No, but i would have loved to try it. coworker is a bee keeper. i told him this morning, he said they had to be there for awhile and that was a lot of honey.

That storm was pretty odd the way it came down to us. I left work and went to do my afternoon run/walk. The sun was shinning. I got out of my truck and was stretching, facing north. i thought holy shit, it was black to my north and east. pulled up the radar and just got back in my truck. On the way home it was pouring/storming East of where i was driving and the same west of me, but i was in complete sunshine dead in the middle. i didn't hit rain until i headed east for a 1/4 mile. it was just weird. 

The cells really seemed to jump a bit once down past the 11/15 area. At one point Western Lanco looked good and then, poof, they never saw anything and Cumberland county got it.  Central and Eastern Lanco go their own random cell. 

image.thumb.png.76ceca01e6cb5b3fd1f78a0f80c681ff.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

The cells really seemed to jump a bit once down past the 11/15 area. At one point Lanco looked good and then, poof, they never saw anything and Cumberland county got it. 

Upper Dauphin and Perry county got round 2. it looked like we would get smacked by the 2nd batch but it broke apart before us

23 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The cells really seemed to jump a bit once down past the 11/15 area. At one point Western Lanco looked good and then, poof, they never saw anything and Cumberland county got it.  Central and Eastern Lanco go their own random cell. 

Wow I didn't think they got that much, as I had .30 from the 2nd one, I missed the 1st one.

3 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

Heat / Humidity? 

Both, but it’s actually not quite as bad as I thought it was, especially for you. This is the peak day:

DDE534E4-FABE-4E91-BCE1-5F3D79386EBB.thumb.jpeg.ad39576f22705afc175ef0a9f76eb79f.jpeg
Dewpoints at that point appear to be near 70 across PA.

What it does, and has been doing for quite some time, is build a massive ridge with all-time type heat in the north central states (the EC agrees on that general pattern, though nowhere near as intense). This run, it propagates that ridge eastward so that’s why it’s worse for me than it is for you. Most runs, it doesn’t. Still, those 100s are awfully close.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

So we can assume 0Z never happened.  Hey did you see JaVale Mcgee is on the US Basketball Team now as one of the Covid replacements?  They must be down to asking for people who have nothing else to do. 

I did see that. But they enter the Olympics on a two game winning streak and the NBA finals could end tonight, so there’s that.

22 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Both, but it’s actually not quite as bad as I thought it was, especially for you. This is the peak day:

DDE534E4-FABE-4E91-BCE1-5F3D79386EBB.thumb.jpeg.ad39576f22705afc175ef0a9f76eb79f.jpeg
Dewpoints at that point appear to be near 70 across PA.

What it does, and has been doing for quite some time, is build a massive ridge with all-time type heat in the north central states (the EC agrees on that general pattern, though nowhere near as intense). This run, it propagates that ridge eastward so that’s why it’s worse for me than it is for you. Most runs, it doesn’t. Still, those 100s are awfully close.

I will, however, add that the EC does provide this “gem” of a day next Thursday:

7618E827-1E06-47DC-8E8A-CA609593DFBF.thumb.jpeg.083d09456799f9723b382d98707995ae.jpeg