• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Summer 2021

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yea, they will get those 3 players.  I feel they are still BY FAR the gold favorite but this is certainly not America's best. Big Sleepy McGee. 

Agreed. This ain’t 1992, but it’s not 2004 either. But this heat talk makes me wish it was one of those two (Pittsburgh didn’t get to 90 in either of those summers).

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

I still think you do not hit 97 this season.  We are fully on the down swing now.  

I think the GFS is overblown on the magnitude of the central heat wave, regardless of whether it advances east or not. I hope we don’t hit 93 this season let alone 97.

12 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

I think the GFS is overblown on the magnitude of the central heat wave, regardless of whether it advances east or not. I hope we don’t hit 93 this season let alone 97.

MY general view of looking at various runs, the last few days, is that whatever heat is in the center of the country will eventually move east but it is shunted and minimized a bit from extremes.    I truly think our chances of hitting 100 are dwindling and really a long heat wave is starting to see less likely. 

MY general view of looking at various runs, the last few days, is that whatever heat is in the center of the country will eventually move east but it is shunted and minimized a bit from extremes.    I truly think our chances of hitting 100 are dwindling and really a long heat wave is starting to see less likely. 

Bubbler the soothsayer has got the hot hand these days, hard to bet against you. I'll remain somewhat cautious as it's only 7/20 and we've had a lot of late-season heat waves in the past.

Having said that...I hope you're right!

19 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Bubbler the soothsayer has got the hot hand these days, hard to bet against you. I'll remain somewhat cautious as it's only 7/20 and we've had a lot of late-season heat waves in the past.

Having said that...I hope you're right!

I also have that 7/25 date in my favor.  It becomes less likely to hit 100 after that date and much less likely after Aug 8th (using MDT records as a guide).  The long heat wave comment is more of a guess and seeing guidance not showing anything like that in to early August. 

• Like 1

Just now, sauss06 said:

We will probably hit 100 in October

For October, MDT did hit 97 twice and 93 once in 1941 and 93 in 2019 otherwise it has never been close.  Surprising MDT has never hit 100 after September 3rd.   If you take away the great heat wave of  September 1953, MDT has only hit 100 two days after August 15th so its very rare.  

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

For October, MDT did hit 97 twice and 93 once in 1941 and 93 in 2019 otherwise it has never been close.  Surprising MDT has never hit 100 after September 3rd.   If you take away the great heat wave of  September 1953, MDT has only hit 100 two days after August 15th so its very rare.  

Normal high for MDT on 10/1 is 70, so it would take a +30 departure to reach 100. 

I guess it could? 

1 hour ago, TimB84 said:

0z GFS looks like hell in the long term, 6z not so much.

if thats hell...i'll take it.  NO semblance of SER.  just rather random w/ chances and general w/nw flow.  Mets will throw fits as to who are the  have's and have nots in the daily rain bucket.  Popcorn T storms we used to call em.  Mind you thats just parsing over 6z so as usual, the look may change by 12z, but it's been showing enough consistency that I'm interested in the respite from the moist weather we've been having.

• Like 1

Just now, pasnownut said:

if thats hell...i'll take it.  NO semblance of SER.  just rather random w/ chances and general w/nw flow.  Mets will throw fits as to who are the  have's and have nots in the daily rain bucket.  Popcorn T storms we used to call em.  

I think its pretty easy to know one area/poster that will see a trash can full of rain from pop up storms. 

44 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Thats been a worry in my mind, as the central basin is cooking, it would only take a little sw or persistent westerly flow to bring the goods into our hood.  I think its something to watch, but it's been rather stationary from the little i've been watching.  Hopefully it just rots out there, and a big push from the NW suppresses it back to where it SHOULD be that hot, down south.  Just a wish mind you, but it' can happen.

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

Been coughing a good bit the past few days...wondering if it's smoke related. Anyone else struggling with allergies or respiratory-type issues? 

I stopped in the MA thread and saw several comments similar to yours.    I have not noticed anything myself.  With a front (albeit a weak one) passing tomrorow, I wonder if it gets a bit worse with the mixing down and then clears out after passage. 

I stopped in the MA thread and saw several comments similar to yours.    I have not noticed anything myself.  With a front (albeit a weak one) passing tomrorow, I wonder if it gets a bit worse with the mixing down and then clears out after passage. 

I did see a map where the smoke reaches it's worst in our area tomorrow. I'll shelter in place and put my mask back on. :) 

25 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

All I read was this...uh oh.  Should I go turn on CNN for further instruction? 

LOL - yet another trail I'll leave alone. :) 

10 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

Do you remember what year we had the smoke from the fires in Canada? that was worse then this.

I don't. I think in general as I get older I struggle with allergies and respiratory issues more. 

• Like 1