• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Central PA - Summer 2021

48 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Early Nooners GFS returns.  1) LSV gets a light refresh of rain this evening into tomorrow, 2) Very comfortable mornings Thur, Fri and Sat and highs in the low 80's Wed-Fri.  3) Overall a very dry week.   Verbatim, some in the LSV may stay in the 60's on Sunday via rain (finally). 

Sunday's rain looks to be an all-day event!

46 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Early Nooners GFS returns.  1) LSV gets a light refresh of rain this evening into tomorrow, 2) Very comfortable mornings Thur, Fri and Sat and highs in the low 80's Wed-Fri.  3) Overall a very dry week.   Verbatim, some in the LSV may stay in the 60's on Sunday via rain (finally). 

Maybe i will forgo my afternoon run/walk and go mow instead. Between the rain and temps, its growing like crazy.

9 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Not even gonna look.  Just gonna hope that it holds.  We discussed the other week about the LR looking like the sticky heat pump from Bermuda was going on vaca for a while, and it sounds like that may be holding up.  Awesome.

That’s largely the same as before. No serious troughing like the models teased last week, but no serious ridging or big prolonged heat. GFS just continues to pump out ridiculous numbers for the north central US, but the pattern always seems to break down on every run long before any of that shifts east.

Just now, TimB84 said:

That’s largely the same as before. No serious troughing like the models teased last week, but no serious ridging or big prolonged heat. GFS just continues to pump out ridiculous numbers for the north central US, but the pattern always seems to break down on every run long before any of that shifts east.

i'm heading to th beach in 2 weeks, can you find me plenty of sunshine in the mid range please :drunk:

86 and sunny here. Can we squeek out another 90?

4 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

The one change it made, could be gone in 5 hours, was holding off the ridging and bit more/longer and having almost a secondary trough over us early next week...helps keep the 90's well out into the future. 

4 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

i'm heading to th beach in 2 weeks, can you find me plenty of sunshine in the mid range please :drunk:

86 and sunny here. Can we squeek out another 90?

Probably way too early to really think about and depends on which beach, but the GFS still looks rather dry in a lot of locations.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Getting the 2" on, on Saturday, all at once was basically the same as just getting .5" as far as the grass is concerned.  It's going to grow a bit then be crunchy by Wed over here. 

I saw a post from you similar to this over the weekend, and you're right. While I was a little disappointed in getting less than 1" of rain, I was pleased with how it was distributed on Saturday evening. That half inch plus I got came in a couple of hours of time...other than a couple of bursts it was actually a very nice soaking. 

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I saw a post from you similar to this over the weekend, and you're right. While I was a little disappointed in getting less than 1" of rain, I was pleased with how it was distributed on Saturday evening. That half inch plus I got came in a couple of hours of time...other than a couple of bursts it was actually a very nice soaking. 

Yea, mowers are away here unfortunately.  Much of the established grass is now brown and dormant (but no dirt spots yet, trying to get it into winter and not lose more yard).  I spend an hour each day watering the grass that was replanted this spring and I am keeping that going.   Not going to replant again next spring... just have to take the hit on the water bill.

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Same here. Looking outside I have flashbacks to when I was skinny, had hair, and my sports teams were really good. Hard to believe that was 40 years ago...

God, that’s depressing. At least you’ve gotten to see your teams, even the O’s, do something noteworthy. Thinking about the Pirates, who have won one wild card game and not won a playoff series in my 37 years on this earth, makes me miserable.

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Same here. Looking outside I have flashbacks to when I was skinny, had hair, and my sports teams were really good. Hard to believe that was 40 years ago...

We are at the age now where our wisdom and age combined make us the masters.  We are at the top of our game.

I was worried the smoke may limit the sun's ability to help fire convection this afternoon but if anything it is more vigorous at this point that I thought today's slim pickings day would be. 

1 minute ago, TimB84 said:

God, that’s depressing. At least you’ve gotten to see your teams, even the O’s, do something noteworthy. Thinking about the Pirates, who have won one wild card game and not won a playoff series in my 37 years on this earth, makes me miserable.

You can only sing We are family so long before it starts to hurt. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

We are at the age now where our wisdom and age combined make us the masters.  We are at the top of our game.

I was worried the smoke may limit the sun's ability to help fire convection this afternoon but if anything it is more vigorous at this point that I thought today's slim pickings day would be. 

I’m convinced the smoke cuts off at least a degree or two off the high temperature. It has to. I feel like I’m in Los Angeles.

i'm 58, life long Pirates fan. Glad my dad had us in Pittsburgh frequently in the 70s ;) because i doubt i ever see another Championship

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

i'm 58, life long Pirates fan. Glad my dad had us in Pittsburgh frequently in the 70s ;) because i doubt i ever see another Championship

Ain’t that the truth. I hope I’m wrong, but I think there’s a better chance than not that the 2013 wild card game will remain my only moment of joy as a Pirates fan until the day I die.

• Haha 1

Ain’t that the truth. I hope I’m wrong, but I think there’s a better chance than not that the 2013 wild card game will remain my only moment of joy as a Pirates fan until the day I die.

As a fan of the Mav's, Cap's and UVA Cav's (BkBall) and their hapless playoff appearances coming into the 2010's,  I would say it can all change for the positive very quickly.   This logo went from representing infamy to representing resilience for UVA.   UVA should have taken UMBC more seriously with a logo like that.  Nothing good can come of dealing with a dog that is as unhappy looking as that one. 

image.png.63f6c6c0c48fd5de945996acef02b79d.png