• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Summer 2021

7 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

.01" going in the books for me for yesterday.  Also, I only topped out at 89.  A couple of good pool days ahead, ain't. 

We are still only at 72 here right now so not sure we make the big 9 today.  MDT got to 88 yesterday so will be interesting to see if they make it.  

38 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

My summer cutoff date is labor day. After that, its time to move on. 3 months of no Air conditioning, no heat, just open windows baby!

I wish you luck on making it through the end of November without turning your heat on.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

I wish you luck on making it through the end of November without turning your heat on.

I will turn the heat on in the new part of my house (heat Pump) sometime in November, but the original part (oil/forced hot air) not until December. The original part i don't even burn 50 gallons of oil a year. 

edit- one year i didn't even turn the heat on in the original part. Stayed 62. :D could be a reason why i'm divorced :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

I will turn the heat on in the new part of my house (heat Pump) sometime in November, but the original part (oil/forced hot air) not until December. The original part i don't even burn 50 gallons of oil a year. 

edit- one year i didn't even turn the heat on in the original part. Stayed 62. :D could be a reason why i'm divorced :lol:

We’ve let it get as low as 54 before initially turning on the heat, but once it’s on it’s on.

4 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

We’ve let it get as low as 54 before initially turning on the heat, but once it’s on it’s on.

i wait as long as i can. Normally, in the new addition we will burn a fire to take the chill off. most years its around thanksgiving when i turn the switch to ON. 

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

When the boomers start up again tomorrow (south and west at first) into the weekend we should certainly get it easily.    

77 at 11AM. 

If not, maybe someone else will beat the crap out of someone at a football game and we can talk about that again.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Not a drop here after the. 73" overnight, I got up to 91. 

Yeah I was surprised to see you hotter than me by a couple degrees but then it hit me that we were in WNW flow for most of the day and I really only see my warm anomalies when we get into southerly flow.

32 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

I'm the same way, will try and ride it out as long as possible (albeit not down to 54 haha) but once I make the switch to heat or air it stays that way until the seasons change.

Just now, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I’m the same way, will try and ride it out as long as possible (albeit not down to 54 haha) but once I make the switch to heat or air it stays that way until the seasons change.

That was a rare situation. Might have actually been trying to get through the first half of May 2020 without running the heat again.