Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Summer 2021

46 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

89 yesterday on ride home from work

like you, I was pleasantly surprised at how "comfy" if felt this am.  loss of daylight is starting to take a bite out of the summer heat.  It's all good.

loosetoe's graphic above makes me a wee bit giddy.  Septembers gonna do what septembers gonna do...but thats a hell of a start IMO.

Happy hump day y'all.

Yea, its been a warm week that is for sure.  Thank goodness the GFS crazy numbers from last week have not come to fruition for many though I saw a few locals say 94 yesterday.  

28 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yea, its been a warm week that is for sure.  Thank goodness the GFS crazy numbers from last week have not come to fruition for many though I saw a few locals say 94 yesterday.  

heat and humidity don't really bother me. However the last 2 day has gotten to me. I can't wait until September 7th

5 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

heat and humidity don't really bother me. However the last 2 day has gotten to me. I can't wait until September 7th

I am with Nut in saying that the last two days have been not too bad if not in the sun.  DP only go into the mid 60's here yesterday.    86/67 at 3PM.  I am running higher today though at 78 already so I bet I get that 90 number today.    PS-What is Sept 7th?  I forget it you mentioned.  LOL. 

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I am with Nut in saying that the last two days have been not too bad if not in the sun.  DP only go into the mid 60's here yesterday.    86/67 at 3PM.  I am running higher today though at 78 already so I bet I get that 90 number today.    PS-What is Sept 7th?  I forget it you mentioned.  LOL. 

I have thought the last 2 days have sucked. But maybe i'm just sick of it 

September 7th is the day after labor day. I consider summer over, close the pool, its football season, bonfires fall foliage etc etc 

• Like 2

Just now, sauss06 said:

September 7th is the day after labor day. I consider summer over, close the pool, its football season, bonfires fall foliage etc etc 

I agree Sauss the last couple of days have been brutal outside. I am sick of it, I know that much. Lets hope for a Cooler September!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

Ahh, I see.  For me I was comparing it to the days a few weeks ago where it got near 100 with a DP in the 70's.  My altitude is helping a bit this week. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

wife and I took the harley out for supper and it was pleasant.  By the time we left dinner, we needed to put another layer on for ride home.....

Couple more days to get through and then we look to ease up on the heat, but need a regime change to get the flow outta the NW and not S/SW

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

I like how you think bud.

• Like 1

Personally I think we suffer with the heat and humidity this week..Get a bit of a break over the weekend and go back to near 90 early next week..Looks like afterwards the back of summer is broken as we kick off September. It will still be warm somedays but I think this is our last prolonged heatwave for 2021

• Like 1

Just now, KEITH L.I said:

Personally I thing we suffer with the heat and humidity this week..Get a bit of a break over the weekend and go back to near 90 early next week..Looks like afterwards the back of summer is broken as we kick off September. It will still be warm somedays but I think this is our last prolonged heatwave for 2021

Welcome Keith! Good to have you new to our area (Elizabethtown) after coming from the Island.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KEITH L.I said:

Personally I thing we suffer with the heat and humidity this week..Get a bit of a break over the weekend and go back to near 90 early next week..Looks like afterwards the back of summer is broken as we kick off September. It will still be warm somedays but I think this is our last prolonged heatwave for 2021

Sounds like a very fair assessment and good chance of verifying.